• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1990 Mustang LX coupe

infidel

Well I havent posted it here yet so here is my heap from start to where she is now

Well I got it and I really thought I was going to keep it stock…WRONG…. I tried, I really tried but I could not do it especially when Tommy gave me a slamming deal on set of headers and H pipe and custom exhaust for my other car so I figured, WHY NOT lol.
So after a million and one calls to Tommy and him answering all of them I finally have it done. 1990 Ford Mustang LX coupe, 20,000 on a completely rebuilt bottom end, MAC intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust. After doing the swap and a complete tupe up(plugs, oil, wires, dist cap) its like a whole new car to me.
Special thanks to Tommy for all of his help.
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 233

infidel

Well I ended up selling the wheels I had to a window tinter for tinted windows and cash on top. He did a great job and now the A/C feels a whole lot colder. I had it on low and it was still cold in the car lol. I snapped off a few pics. I need to take it to a muffler shop this week to have them adjust the rear pipes cause the driver side hangs a little lower than the passenger. I really want a new set of wheels for the car with some fat meats in the back but it will have to come in time.
IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

infidel

This is how it looked in the car before swapping the interior
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

How it looks now
IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

I still have to go and pick up my headliner and pull out the dash ASAP which I will be doing soon but I am loving the new color of interior

infidel

Well the saga continues :)
begining of the 5 lug swap
Cobra wheels, QA1 Lower Coilovers, Unknown A-Arms
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

Cervinis Stormin Norman Hood
IMG_1256.jpg

infidel

Well after dropping it, it turned out to be way too low. I adjusted the coilovers and finished the front swap and I will tackle the rear this week when I have some time. Well here are some pics of the stance it will have in the front while on the ground. I am really happy with the stance although it is going to need an alignment ASAP. Hopefully this will be done by the weekend.
IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

infidel

Thanks CWO
Well finished with the front. Installed Steeda bumpsteer kit, energy suspension sway bar end link set. I need to still take it to get an alignment tomorrow and adjust the struts and coilovers. The ride feels a little rough to me.
Before
IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

After
IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

infidel

Well I took it yesterday to get the front end aligned.
IMG_1303.jpg

I love the stance now in the front.
IMG_1308.jpg

So I took it to the hobby shop today to get started on the rear
IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

I ran out of time today when I was done putting it all in I was already bleeding the brakes. They said it was clean up time so I will be there at noon tomorrow to finish her up

infidel

Well I spent yesterday shampooing the carpets and I could not stand to look at a blue dash anymore

IMG_2204.jpg

So I pulled out the dash so I could install my other one I had that matches

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

In doing so I found a wire that had melted on to other wires creating a problem in the future so I had to cut and find out where it went to . Found out it was the ignition box, and it went to the transmission. I am really glad I found this cause I had not smelled anything since I have started driving it.

IMG_2212.jpg

I rewrapped all the wires to get rid of that old smell from the car and to make sure all the wires were neatly wrapped. This was half way into it.

IMG_2214.jpg

Then I installed the new dash

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

Clean Interior sure smells awesome LOL

IMG_2218.jpg

And call it a day

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

infidel

Well I am going to be going with a different wheel and tire combo. I will be installing these tomorrow.
IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

infidel

Ok well I installed the new wheels and ran into some problems. The first is 1 side sticks out about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch more than the other in the rear so I need to find out exactly what is going on back there and the next is I need longer studs and spacers in the front. Nothing too bad but once I get it all fixed and worked out it will look bitchin. Thanks to pierre for the trade.
IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

infidel

Well I am having to redo the rear to get the slicks to clear and redo the front to get the fronts to work and clear the calipers. I am going to pick up the new front calipers on friday and already did a trade from the lincoln rear disc to ranger axles and rear drums. I will be powder coating most of these parts before they go on but here is the progress so far and how the tires clear a whole lot better in the rear now. I will keep the progress updated as it comes along and gets back on the road soon.
IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

Some before and after
Before
IMG_2512.jpg

After
IMG_2988.jpg

infidel

I now have Team Z adjustable uppers and lowers, Reinforced 8.8 with strange engineering axles C-Clip eliminators and 3.73's and FRPP Diff Girdle and Nitto D/R's. I will be getting my strange engineering adjustable shocks later this week. I will be taking pics of it under when there is light out tomorrow. Here is the new setup
IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

infidel

Well I am going to be working in San Diego pretty soon and needed some tires that would last on the road and handle in the rain. I looked on craigslist and found a set of cobra wheels in excellent shape at a great price (185.00) so I jumped on them and took them to get tires on them. The rears are 275/40/17 and the fronts are 245/45/17s. Here is a pic of the way it looked before (me waiting at a bar for my tires to be done lol)
IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

And here is how it sits now.
IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

These will sit in the garage for now
IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg