• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.0 LX lighting issues

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
Ok, so i have the same problem that the GT's have with the headlights flashing on and off, well i pulled the ins clstr apart and found that the plug for the head light switch is burnt and one wire was barely on there. So my question to you guys is how do i rewire it so that i dont have it burn again. i dont have fog lights, and when i turn my high beams on with or without the lights on my voltage drops considerably... plz help, i drive mostly at night and i dont want to hold down the high beams to cool the wiring off to have it work with out flashing.

Edit, someone has already done some rewiring because my running light wont come on till my headlights are on, 1 press on the switch and nothing, second push all light come one(including ins clstr lights... i will have pics of it up later tonight so everyone can see what im talking about

(NW)Drake

here are the pics

Attachments

• 2013-01-03_14-14-01_14.jpg
    2013-01-03_14-14-01_14.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 2013-01-03_14-14-07_331.jpg
    2013-01-03_14-14-07_331.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 2013-01-03_14-14-14_274.jpg
    2013-01-03_14-14-14_274.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 111

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
That is a big problem with foxbodymustangs.org .. You can find those connectors on ebay.com Also, if you go to www.foxbodymustangs.org there is a guy parting out his mustang and might have that part available.

(NW)Drake

yea im getting the pig tail connector tmw, i just need to know how to rewire it once i have it. i want to relay it, i have 2 (4post) relay that i can use, i just want to know if there is a diagram of how to relay it, i have looked and all i can find is the gt and its the harness not at the plug.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I have done this repair in the past...twice. The plug will continue to melt and burn over the years, it's just part of owning a FORD. The best way to rewire the plug is to take a paperclip and release the wires one at a time and plug them into the new casing. If you cannot get them to dislodge, due to melting, break up the connector with a pair of pliers. Just make certain that the wires return to the same configuration.

(NW)Drake

if you look at the pictures, someone, a previous owner has rewired it and idk what the heck they did to it, the green wire shouldnt be soldered to anything, especially the hot in

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Doesn't someone have an LX in the area, just pop theres out and take a look. Or, go to the Junk Yard and check one out.

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
I have one apart in my garage right now if you wanna look. Hell. I think I have a harness on the wall you can look at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

(NW)Drake

if you can post up pictures or email them to me that would be awesome, i do live in washington lol, so yea helluva drive, seeing as how it would be day time driving only, thanks for the offer tho, davidjovanovich@gmail.com is my email.