• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Apr 1, 2012] 12th Meguiar's Del Mar National Car Show (Del Mar, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
The 12th annual Meguiar's Classic car show is this weekend, 3/30-4/1 at Del Mar. Some members are talking about heading out there on Sunday, 4/1. Show time is 8am-3pm. This year's show added something extra for modern day muscle with the Super Sunday get together. If you want to show your car you can register at the Hilton host hotel across the street from Del Mar.

You can get information regarding the show and registering for the Super Sunday Get Together including a $10 discount coupon for registration in the following link. http://www.good-guys.com/events/2012-events/item/del-mar-nationals-2?category_id=2

MEETING INFO FOR SUNDAY:

We will meet at the Starbucks in Mission Valley on Camino de La Reina at 6:30 am and roll out at 6:45am. If you would like to participate in the Super Sunday Car Meet. There is a $10 coupon in the links above for participant.

2K7GTCS

I am going on Sunday for sure!

They are offering a new "all years - all American" get together called the Super Sunday Get-Together.
Day of show registration is at the Hilton hotel starting at 7am.

From the Goodguy's website:
"And for the car guys and gals who own a vehicle newer than our traditional 1972 cut-off date, we offer the all-new “Super Sunday Get-Together Registration” for all years of American made and/or powered vehicles on Sunday only. Both options come with space to display your car as well as a Goodguys Goodie Bag, Tickets to the event, Children’s Passes, the chance to win a Goodguys Award and more!"

It's $18 to spectate, plus $9 to park (total $27)
To bring your car INSIDE the venue to display (and even autocross it!) it's only $30 ($3 more). You just have to also pay for the one year membership to the Goodguy's club, which is $20 (for the digital subscription).

So, $27 just to watch, or $50 to participate (and have the one year membership).

I plan to participate! If anyone else wants to go, either just to watch, or to bring your car into the show, post up so we can make a plan to meet-up.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Dave, I'll go and participate in the show with you. Do you want to meet early so we will be there at 7 when they start the registration? Meet at the Starbucks in Mission Valley at 6?

2K7GTCS

Starbucks in MV sounds good Danny.
Can we meet @ 6:30, roll @ 6:45?

The autocross looks like a ton of fun!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yeah, we could do that. I was originally thinking that there might be a long line if we get there too late, but if we roll out at 6:45, we should get there around 7:15 so that should be good.

I believe the motorcross starts at 9?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
MEETING INFO FOR SUNDAY:

We will meet at the Starbucks in Mission Valley on Camino de La Reina at 6:30 am and roll out at 6:45am. If you would like to participate in the Super Sunday Car Meet. There is a $10 coupon in the links above for participant.

2K7GTCS

The autocross is from 9am to 1pm, and is included with admission.

I called Goodguys to confirm pricing for Super Sunday, and was told we DO NOT have to be members to enter the event! So with the discount coupon, it will cost $30 to get in, only $3 more then if we parked outside and spectated.

I attend this show every year, so I'm really excited about entering my car, and maybe even racing it!

WOOT! Let's go!!!!!!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
The autocross is from 9am to 1pm, and is included with admission.

I called Goodguys to confirm pricing for Super Sunday, and was told we DO NOT have to be members to enter the event! So with the discount coupon, it will cost $30 to get in, only $3 more then if we parked outside and spectated.

I attend this show every year, so I'm really excited about entering my car, and maybe even racing it!

WOOT! Let's go!!!!!!!!!

Great idea, Dave. Gonna get my car washed on Saturday. Still have the Barona grime on it from last week.

I told Dave I'd go on Sunday, but I just realized that it's my mother's birthday on the 1st and she wants to go out for lunch. Have fun you guys and bring home a trophy!

2K7GTCS

This was a ton of fun! It started a little cool, wet, and windy down by the ocean this morning, but turned out to be a beautiful spring day.

The autocross was too tempting for Jared and I. What a rush!
Here are a few pictures, plus a video of me running on the autocross course:

Goodguys_01.JPG

Goodguys_02.JPG

Goodguys_03.JPG

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
The autocross was a blast. I first ran a 36.2, 35.8, and my very best was a 35.1. I will be doing this again bc driving on a couse and just losing your ass end out all over the place is awesome. My car loved this type of driving.