• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Closest 1320 Tracks or 1/8?

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Just wondering where the closest track is and more importantly will they let me run my car since its a convertible? I plan on getting 6 pt cage from maximum Motorsports and painting it a Parchment color to differentiate mine from all the black interior guys. I ran my car in 2003 but that was it. Bone stock automatic convertible V6 ran 16.08 @87mph (Bradenton motorsPorts didn't care as long as I wasn't sub 13 sec, which I obviously wasn't). Def need to make a day trip out to one of these this summer and test my diving skills.

fangs99

All we have in the area is a 1/8 mi in holt, and a 1/8mi in mobile..... And you should be fine until you run a 12.99 equivalent in the 1/8 mi. I think that's a 8.20

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Sweet sounds good yea I searched on the web for a little but wasn't getting anything close except for 4-5 hr trips or longer. Glad to know that I will not need to be caged...yet.

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Well I checked out their website and they said that back in December that they are closing it down? Fang, have you raced here before?

fangs99

No I havant.... I keep hearing about the track re-opening. I'll do some research to see what I can find.

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Well either way I suppose mobile isn't that far, however it would be nice if the one in holt re-opened. As far as all the convertibles out there you are not required to be caged until you run sub 13.00 ( per Gary at the mobile 1/8th strip), however you will need an approved helment. I just borrowed a budy of mines motorcycle helment last time I went. Helmets become a requirement though for all after a certain point (13.49 I believe) regardless of coupe or vert.

seahawksax

I knew about the one in holt but not the one in mobile..that's a nice warm up cruise too it wud be fun to group cruise out there one weekend

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2