• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Doing some work on Sky

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
2004 Azure Blue Mach 1 76K miles Automatic staggered 18in Black Chrome Saleen knockoffs with Sumitomo HTRZ2, 8K BiXenon HID Headlights and fogs, stock suspension, pieced together stock catback from dealer when we bought it.

12 years old and needs some work so why not. Stock suspension is work out, the tie rods and ball joints all need done so I am just gonna do all at once while it is off the road for the winter.

Parts to install:
UPR Auto shift ball
UPR OD relocation bracket
C/C Plates
HR Sport Springs
Tokico HPs (Wanted Bilstein but couldn't justify them for a DD for Shell)
MM End Links for lowered 04
Inner Tie Rods
Outer Tie Rods (Greaseable)
Ball Joints (Greaseable)
MAC Catback (Has Xpipe and high flow cats already)
Painting Calipers Blue to match the car (Shell wants the blue though I wanted to just clean them up and redo the black)
Headlight, Taillight, foglight covers

Possible:
Carbon Fiber wrap the 2 center sections of the hood. Shell liked a picture someone posted of theirs that way.

Still trying to decide on:
Tuning options
1. SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with Bama tunes comes with remote dial cable
2. SCT X4 with 3 Bama tunes
3. Local shop for dyne tune and either the Chip or tuner

Gibs

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yesterday started tearing the passenger side front apart. ball joint damn near fell out on its own. everything else came apart easy and wasn't very rusty. Got a snow storm so my Shocks and struts were delayed until today. When they come I will be finishing the passenger front and moving to the drivers side. Decided to go with no ISO's on the springs to get a slight extra bit of lowering. Also installed the UPR shift ball and OD relocation piece. looks like a stick without the leather boot.

Gonna add a couple other items to my list from the first post:
Transmission flush
Alignment
Change out rear diff fluids

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well got the inner and outer tie rods done, CC Plates, Ball joints, Springs and struts in the from done today. Unfortunately I did not take before measurements for how much it came down. Based on the others that did measure their Mach1's while stock... Front fender well to ground was 28.25 inches. That is averaged for the ones I saw on the other forums. Mine came out at 26 inches even to the fender well on level concrete. The middle of the chin spoiler based on other peoples stock measurements was around 8 inches. I am right at 6 inches from the ground. Pretty impressed as both sides came down exactly the same with no leaning thing going on. I had a large amount of play in bot inner tie rods(Were still Stock ones) and both of the ball joints were garbage. Should have been done years ago. the drivers side had lots of play in it and the ball inside was rusty as all hell and dust cover was non existent. Passenger side wasn't too bad but I am sure it was not any good either.

Next up rear suspension tomorrow.

Gibs

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well I got my package from AM. they sent me a 2011-14 GT RTR axle backs instead of a MAC Catback... The one I got doesn't even show on their site. what i did get was not even the entire setup. It had no tips, no clamps. Just the axle backs themselves.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Well I got my package from AM. they sent me a 2011-14 GT RTR axle backs instead of a MAC Catback... The one I got doesn't even show on their site. what i did get was not even the entire setup. It had no tips, no clamps. Just the axle backs themselves.
What a mess

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Got the right ones and am starting the exhaust tomorrow.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Sorry for the bad angles on some but it is in the garage and won't be leaving for a few months.

Driver ball joint still in the car:

Drivers removed:

All put back together. Too cold to paint anything so that part has to wait til better weather.

Rear after lowering:

Front angle after lowering:

The magnificent welds that were done to piece together a inspect able exhaust when they sold the car to me at Honolulu Ford.... cut it out and am putting the MAC system in this weekend.

All for now.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
That ball joint will jar your teeth out of your mouth. Nice pics and Tokico shocks/struts are an excellent choice.

Did Emilio weld that muffler???? LOL!!!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Cant wait for the weather to bring spring and take it out to see how she rides now.

I think E definitely did that welding when he was sober, drunk he would do better....