• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

loss of power

BlueStallion5.0

ight sometimes when i get on my car feels like is kinda spudering (feels like its trying to get gas or air) really hesitent

my neighbor said it could be my heads and my o2 sensors are shot gotta get elimanators but whats your guys opinion

M

Mustangcwo

I would not eliminate the O2 sensors. Your car will run better if it can read the output of your exhaust.

Questions:
How does it run at idle?
Did you run a diagnostics on the car?
Does it do it cold or just when it's warmed up?
Are you running an EGR?

Tommy

check the sprak plug wires and spark plugs. Cracked ceramic on plugs can cause a mis-fire. Check for plug wires which may have come loose from the coils or spark plugs.

I had the same feeling on the 90 Notch. Works great now.

M

Mustangcwo

I would like to help, but there are so many things that can choke a car. Sensors, plugs, wires, smog devices, dirty throttle body etc. etc.

Do a diagnostics and get the codes. It will narrow the possibilities and allow us to point you in the right direction.

BlueStallion5.0

I would not eliminate the O2 sensors. Your car will run better if it can read the output of your exhaust.

Questions:
How does it run at idle?
Did you run a diagnostics on the car?
Does it do it cold or just when it's warmed up?
Are you running an EGR?

How does it run at idle? idles good
Did you run a diagnostics on the car? yea came up with o2 sensors
Does it do it cold or just when it's warmed up? warmed up

and it doesnt seem as loud as it used to be

BlueStallion5.0

im looking at my haynes book right now for

hesitation or stumble during acceleration

1. ignition system not operating properly
2.dirty/clogged fuel injectors
3.low fuel pressure
4. fuel injection or engine control systems malfunction

engine lacks power
mainly spark plugs
low uneven cylinder compression (hope its not that)

im starting to think spark plugs or fuel injectors my car did like when i put fuel injector cleaner in it a week ago

M

Mustangcwo

Change the O2 sensors first. Believe it or not, that could be the entire problem. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to change. Just unplug the sensor and then unscrew them from the car.

BlueStallion5.0

FIXED it doesn't do it almost at all thanks everyone i put on new spark plugs, fuel filter and cleaned my air filter and did fuel injector cleaner thanks again everyone for your help

Foxman

did your check engine light for o2 sensors go away... i see you didnt change your o2 sensors??

4CEFED

I would also run some seafoam through the intake manifold, the IRMC's are supposed to open at the same RPM they might be a lil gunked up, just a thought but it seems you have it worked out. I did it on my cobra and it was noticably smoother.

BlueStallion5.0

ACTING UP AGAIN idk wtf could be happening i got my stock headers on could it be too restricted? what are the signs on bad heads? or could it be the fuel pump

02gt

do you have a tuner(sct or diablo)? If so hook it up and let is record the fuel pressure, it shold be around 40 psi....