• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My suspension plans. Looking for some advice

Daniboy1983

Well now that things have finally slowed down for me work wise out here in Afg I've had some time to reseach new parts. :) I'm just looking for some advice on what you guys think about my wish list. In the past i've bought stuff only to replace it a few months later. This time I'm trying to do it the right way and do my research before I throw down a bunch of money. Anyway my goals are not to be a speed demon on the strip, but to have an all around car that will handle really well through the twisties. I'm starting to lean towards an autox/road racing build in a lot of ways I guess. Anyway, since I'll have my deployment money and can splurge a little, here is my wish list:

Steeda 5-link: I'm pretty set on the original 5 link as I don't care about tailpipes and it has better geometry. I will need springs as well.
MM K-member and offset control arms: might use the granateli kit since it is hundreds of dollars cheaper
Coilovers up front: I like the MM kits despite the money
Brembo 13in Cobra R brake kit
Cobra brakes out back

I already have decent struts, shocks, and control arms so I shouldn't need much else. Anybody have any suggestions or comments on my wish list so far?

I've never done a k-member swap or run a 4-link. I understand 4 links pretty well from my dad's dirt track days. (Steeda has their head up their ###. Their 5-link is a 4-link with a panhard bar!!!!!!! :banghead:) I'd appreciate any replies and I might not be able to respond too soon with being out here.

Oh and Afghanistan is hot!

Renegade

PM SicFiddy and he can point you in the right direction, he is one of the top AutoXers in the region up here

M

Mustangcwo

Danny, if you're trying to go in a straight line and still have street brake performance you are headed in the proper direction. The four link and pan hard bar is an excellent combination. Coil overs in the front will allow you to adjust the geometry to control how hard the rear tires hit the pavements. Setting the isometric center is the most important factor when setting up the launch.

If you are looking to road race, then look into agent47 double wishbone for the front...otherwise you are right on track.

You can also look at the K members procuded by AJE (Sponsor of ours) and Team Z motorsports. The AJE front suspension is coil over included with tubular A arms. Just make certain that the wall thickness of the tubes will support the application. These suspensions are awesome at the track, but may be to light weight to hold up to the San Diego pot holes.

As for the rear suspension, I would also look at what Team Z Motorsports has to offer and compare prices. They produce a four link relocator kit that is hard to beat for performance. Once again, watch the wall thickness and streetability.

Stay safe over there and we'll see you soon.
Todd

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
You look like you are going in the right direction, Adjustable shocks in the rear would also help in the multi-purpose department. If you plan on autox it, tires make a world of difference too.

Macunicorn

An SLA setup is very $$$$. Agent 47 is around 5 grand. I could get my entire suspension done for that.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
We have a 91 foxbody in the club running a stock 4 link in the rear with an Agent 47 double wishbone in the front. He has placed first in 8 of 10 road course races and 2nd in the other two. All he has is an aluminum drive shaft, 347, Agent 47, ford motorsport 31 spline torsen differential and 3.73 gears. With this setup, he blows by C6 Corvettes in the quarter mile turn at Willow.