• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Navy people, need help PTS

Who is most responsible?

• Total voters

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
If you guys know any legal or NCC good contacts please get back to me asap. little background story:

I have been TAD for a couple months up north but last week rx'd a call saying VP only way your PTS is going to get approved is if you re up right now. I was like WTF I didn’t even know I was eligible. ((inside story to this story) 2 guys PTS/OTEIP(extension) we approved lost found lost and one approved back in nov/dec 2010. While this was going on and as PTS is new to the Navy I constantly asked am I good am I good and was told every time yes im in the green) Then Wednesday I had 2 missed calls 2200 and 2230 then a text saying vp you need to pick up the phone etc etc. so 0600 when i get off watch i text the person back saying i was on watch like i am every night 1800-0600 and what was it they wanted. he texted me back saying check your pts . so i responded how am i supposed ot do that im tad and never got a response. Only career counselors whether command or divisional can get fleet ride access to check them. So I wait up for when some of my khakis get into work (which btw is 6 chiefs, 2 seniors, and a master chief and none of them talk and know they asshole from their elbow and never are at work and skate off) So I talk to a chief and he said he doesn’t really know what’s going on but has a meeting with the command ncc with our master chief and would call me back when its over. 1345 I get a call VP we had the meeting OSC $%@^ will call you, rgr that. 36 hrs go by no call. so i call that chief and he doesn’t have any real answers just that i was put in for PTS and shouldn’t have been and my package wasn’t even correct etc etc. My EAOS is mar2013 im currently rx'ing a SRB and have one more installment left on it next year. 3 other people in my division were told last week they are out of the navy and they were never contacted about being put in to PTS to begin with and said they were denied. One of the guys has a look up left. Everyone in the CoC knows now but no one has answers. the ACOS has been briefed as of yesterday and has started a inquiry. Myself and the other 3 service members want to talk to the cmc, talk to ig, and also legal.

no one has answers to why I am put in, how many looks i have left, how am i supposed to choose orders (prd 082012)if i need to re up, if i re up will i cancel out my installment of SRB, who put in the packages, why the ones for me that were put in missing evals, srb, nec. I wont return back to the command for another 1-3 weeks. Either way the snowball has been rolling obviously before I event went TAD.
Only thing they know right now is i have another set of looks, they cant answer any of my other questions, the other guys are likely screwed even if the admiral talks to pts programm admiral.

not just careers are being lost but lives effed up especially with this economy. 2 of the guys are newly wed and one has 2 kids including a new born and other has one on the way.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
This reminds me so much of the early 90s when I was in. Sorry this is effecting you. I don't know what to tell you except you might need to raise hell to get the answers you need. But just be tack in the way you ask the questions. Don't burn any bridges.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I am in the ERB category right now. If I am able to stay in I will have to start putting in for PTS next month, but if I don't make E6 by Feb 2013 im out on HYT. Either way I look at it is I am getting out not by choice but I will make the best of it.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
im ERB eligible as well but people are getting screwed because command CC and div CC arent doing shit

Ford1288

Donator
The BIGGEST flaw in the Navy right now. This is exactly why I refused to re enlist. On the ship, Divisional career counselors are responsible to their people, as a collateral duty. This should be their PRIMARY job. PTS is ruining sailors lives and good sailors are getting kicked out because of the lack of good career counselors and oversight (or lack there of) on sailors. In my opinion, the navy needs to have a certain amount of NCs per certain number of sailors. And their only job should be to watch after a certain amount of people. This is ridiculous and I really feel for you VP. Having no control over your own career is absurd. As I was going through seperation I met a ton of people who have similar stories just like you. The Navy's excuse is that it is a sailors responsibility to know when to talk to the Career Counselor. So on top of your long hours, studying for advancement, dealing with all sorts of bullshit training, etc, you also need to know a career counselors job. Sorry for the rant and I know this doesnt help you or give you advice but there it is.

Now for some advice, you get I believe 4 looks in the PTS program. You have to use up all four looks before your window closes, if not you lose out on those looks. So hopefully between now and your PTS you can get a couple of those looks in. Be on your CC to take care of you and demand to know what is going on. Good luck man...

In all actuality your CC did good by you. The looks the previous posts refers to starts at 12 months from EAOS. you are eligible to start them 15 months out which gives you more looks. It is actually an algorithm based program that takes into account past performance on evaluations(average of last 3 for E3/4 & last 5 for E-5/6, advancement progression, CO's recommendation, paygrade, # of times selected but not advanced(shows your study habits and dedication to career), if any critical NEC's held(having makes you more valuable), PFA performance, and proximity to EAOS. last two Evals must be at least promotable. Basically the Navy cannot afford to pay for everyone in the Navy so some MUST get the pink slip. It is the Sailors responsibility to make themselves as marketable as possible. It is the CC and COC responsibility to ensure each Sailor receives a CDB at 15 mo. and 12 mo. and after a 2nd denial to urge Sailor to broaden choices and maximize ASVAB score for marketability. Also special note...If a Sailor requests to match up their PRD to EAOS the algorithms read this as a Sailor preparing to seperate and may trigger a separate at EAOS response. There is a team touring the Navy giving training on this program i suggest when they get to your Area you take charge of your career and learn about it. Do not rely on anyone else. We are all responsible to take charge of our future. This is the way the military is headed so get smart on the basics. In review. 24-16 mo. CDB/ 15-12 mo. Submit PTS / 12-6 mo. Application window / 6 mo. out from EAOS final determinations made.

VP i never received any feedback did this info help you understand your situation any? Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. I am not an NC but this AB has put some research time in on this program to be brilliant on the basics to understand and get the best possible outcome on this program.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
ok update: ACOS (1 star) started a inquiry/investigation with IG and they are taking statements from the sailors affected including myself upon my return to the command (monday). One of my chiefs told me the packages what were put in (even though they werent supposed to be put in yet nor do they know right now who put them in) only had a eval, no prt info, no srb info. He did say though I have a set of looks still and shouldnt worry (even though I am worrying because i constantly asked the div CC if im good (now one of my chiefs) and no one has any real answers for me) little info on myself: 3 NEC's (non crit) gccs, link, c school evals: all EP's JSOQ numerous times and put in numerous times SRB yes still have one more tax free installment next year PRT all excellent or higher awards 10 flocs, 3 nams, 2 good conducts, 2 jsams. PRD 08/2012 EAOS 03/2013 Either way I have started a LinkedIn account. I am looking for a good resume site where i can send my evals, quals, and awards to pay some one to write up a resume since well i suck at it. I am also debt free after this TAD besides a few payments left on the charger. im 4 credits away from a AA in Deutsch.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
ERB results are due out any day now... smdh the theory behind both programs is good imo but they both are no good wiht out proper training to the fleet nor people held acocuntable for ensuring packages are put together properly