• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Oct 7, 2012] Mustangs By The Bay (San Diego, Ca 92101)

Ron Gregory

Ron, I know I will be in the show, but unsure about which of my mustangs. (they would be in different classes) what should I do? I might not know until Mid September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a problem...bring them both...just kidding, but several mustangers are bring two and three cars...Our cut off date is Septembet 26th, after that anyone registering will go into the DOS class. The main reason is we need time to set up the voting classes in the computers and the layout of the cars. That's really the tough part...
That should give you plenty of time to decided which car....

Ron Gregory
2012 MBTB Chair

Ron Gregory

Hey guys and gals...

Two things, I thought I'd drop a line and invite you to attend a No Host bufett social Saturday 9/6 starting at 4PM until 7PM at the Casa Guadalajara restaurant on Taylor st in Old Town. Every one's invited to come hang out have some food and drink. Cost including dessert, tax, and tip is $22.50. Guest of honor is J Biddle of JBA fame. It's really a no commercial get together just to rub elbows....whether you're comin to the show or not, stop by for a visit...

Item #2. DISCOUNT TIRE of ElCajon at 1001 Broadway is having a BBQ Friday/Sat celebrating the holiday...special on tires and wheels at $100 Visa card with the purchase of a set of tires or wheels. They have um all...A few of us will be hanging out Friday beginning at 11AM...Stop by and say Hi to a great guy, Garrett Castalano, they're sponsors of the MBTB show, tell'um Ron sent ya...

Ron Gregory
MC of SD...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Going to be a nice turnout...

Ron Gregory

Am I reading this right, 21 WickedStangs comin to the show??? ABSOLUTELY stoked about your support of the MCSD...In all my years of going to shows, I've never seen that kind of turn out by any ONE club....

Ron

Ron Gregory

Ron. That's what we are aiming for. Hopefully that's the turnout.
Danny,
That's just too much, I appreciate the effort so much...Makes all the work worth while when fellow mustangers believe in the effort put forth by all concerned. I can't give a big enough shout out to my fellow club member and co-chairman Eldy Johnson. He's works his tail off going far beyond what I or anyone else expected. Each day he comes up with something new to add to the make the show better. He's a computer whiz...his idea's are boundless...The "Team" concept has taken on a whole new meaning...

Ron Gregory

Ron Gregory

Danny,
That's just too much, I appreciate the effort so much...Makes all the work worth while when fellow mustangers believe in the effort put forth by all concerned. I can't give a big enough shout out to my fellow club member and co-chairman Eldy Johnson. He's works his tail off going far beyond what I or anyone else expected. Each day he comes up with something new to add to the make the show better. He's a computer whiz...his idea's are boundless...The "Team" concept has taken on a whole new meaning...

Ron Gregory

Danny,
On another note, I was saddened as I'm sure you were; to learn that RPMM has closed their doors. At least their previous location is no longer there. They were to be one of our silver sponsors for the MBTB show. Their name is still on the posters and flyers. If you hear of them re-inventing themselves please advise...

Ron

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Sad to hear that RPMM had to close their doors. That was a tough location to run a performance shop; they should have opened one in Chula Vista...WickedStangs and SDStangs is well represented down here.

Paid for my registration yesterday...See you October 7th.

Ron Gregory

Sad to hear that RPMM had to close their doors. That was a tough location to run a performance shop; they should have opened one in Chula Vista...WickedStangs and SDStangs is well represented down here.

Paid for my registration yesterday...See you October 7th.

I should have said the space RPMM occupied was vacant, per Eldy Johnson who drove by the shop since he lives in Carmel Mtn area...I haven't heard from Mike, but Javier left a few months back...Greg Rentis is working at a shop in Santee, can't think of the name...he's a nice guy. Talented people always land on their feet...

Thanks again to Mustangwo for your registration. They're comin in at 10-12 a day now...I was told QM was at 220 registrations last week with only a couple of weeks left...for some reason people always wait until the last min....Question...what if next year, the fee was dropped to $25 for registrations for the show until July 1st, after that $30 and $40 for DOS... Would you register any earlier? If we hit our goal of 350 pre-registered cars, we won't have a DOS class...on the other hand, couldn't turn away a good lookin Stang just cause they were procrastinators....ouch, hate those big words...lol

Ron

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Greg shop is call CCC Motorsports.
I don't think cutting price will matter. Some will always procrastinate. But would benefits those of us who commits early. :)

Ron Gregory

Greg shop is call CCC Motorsports.
I don't think cutting price will matter. Some will always procrastinate. But would benefits those of us who commits early. :)

I didn't think it would, there are so many shows and why commit the funds just in case schedules change... After I wrote the thread, I found a card where Greg works....I'll be in touch, maybe he could join us next year as a sponsor. Are any of you planning on making the buffet Sat before the show? Would like to see your smiling faces....

Ron

seems like a lot of big shops are closing. Group 5 Motorsports closed up shop a year ago and they were known in the Import Community, Pann Auto had shrunk from 2 shops to 1.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Ron, I'm going to be at the SDSU football game then the Sky Show follows on Saturday. I'm not going to be at the pre-show get together. But I encourage other members to attend and meet some other fine Mustang folks.

Ron Gregory

Danny,

Sounds like a good time. Are you drivin or flyin? Can't take the beast to far out of town, maybe to Bako a couple of times a year to support a fellow Mustanger in a show up there and to a couple in Orange Co...Hope some of the WS can make the buffet. It's a first for us in a long time so we don't quite know what to expect...It's the next step in taking the show to another level...asking some out of towners to make a week end out of the trip. We that live here take SD for granted...

Ron

Ron Gregory

seems like a lot of big shops are closing. Group 5 Motorsports closed up shop a year ago and they were known in the Import Community, Pann Auto had shrunk from 2 shops to 1.

Warrior,
This economy is takin it's toll with discreasionary spending, doin work on our cars that could be put off. Although I know w few shops that are stayin busy...
Ron

Red

Sorry Danny, I thought maybe a SDSU ball game out of town. Never heard of a Shyshow at the Q...
Ron
The skyshow is put on by the radio station KGB. After the game they shoot off fireworks. The best fireworks you'll ever see in San Diego.