• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Server Crashed

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
All,
We took a major hit and our server crashed as you can tell we where offline for a full day. Turns out one of the RAM sticks crapped out and corrupted our Database and I had to revert back to a stored backup.. The earliest one I used one on the 15th which was 2 days of loss data you and others have misssing data... Sorry.. I have a new backup in place that will keep all our stuff safer and now daily backups..
Hello,
Please note that we create VPS backups every other night and keep them on a specialized backup server. VPS backups contain the whole VPS filesystem including all installed applications, site files, emails, mysql databases and anything and everything else you have stored on the VPS filesystem. However these backups cannot be used to restore a single account or any databases that include innodb formatted tables. It can be used to restore the entire VPS only. We found the backups on the following dates.
---
03/06/2014 00:52
03/07/2014 14:48
03/09/2014 14:36
03/11/2014 09:27
03/14/2014 02:21
03/15/2014 19:55
---
Please specify the date from which you need to restore the backup. We can also attempt to do a restoration of specific files and/or directories for a charge of $10. Please include all files/directories in a single request. You will be charged for subsequent partial restore requests even in the same ticket. If you agree with this charge, please get back to us with the following details and we will connect you with our Sales & Billing team to work out arrangement for the fee:
---
- list of files/directories to be restored
- date of the backup that should be used for restoration
---
Please advise how you would like to proceed.
We look forward to hearing from you,

50hhh

All,
We took a major hit and our server crashed as you can tell we where offline for a full day. Turns out one of the RAM sticks crapped out and corrupted our Database and I had to revert back to a stored backup.. The earliest one I used one on the 15th which was 2 days of loss data you and others have misssing data... Sorry.. I have a new backup in place that will keep all our stuff safer and now daily backups..

Is Taptalk gonna work again with the forum?