• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tires

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
with the little amount of tq and hp i make, with 3.73 gears what would be the best tire height to go with 26, 27, 28?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
are you talking drag radial, street tires, or full drags.. All play in important part.

I think the ET Street Radial DR's are your best bet. The BFG's wear too quickly, and don't seem to yield any more traction.

Nittos are a great street strip combo.

But, for the conditions you are aiming for, M/T's are it.:)

Now for size, I would get something with alot of sidewall on a drag radial so that you can get the most traction possible when you run low pressure on them..

Example: If these were your only choices.. I would go with the one in red..
315/40/18
315/45/18

What size rim? If your running a 18x9 you don't want to run a 315. They will fit but, it would be stretching the tire and hinding traction too..

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
Im thinkin 275_40_17 i got my stockers. And i dont have a drive ahaft saftey loop so i couldnt run straight slicks if i wanted too.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
If your going for street driving with a super sticky tire I have heard great things about the new Nitto DR. M/T makes a good 17 inch DR as well. P275/40R17
If you want to use a DR for track only go with M/T E/T Street 26X11.50-15LT I pulled 1.5 and 1.6 60ft's with these

KillerBee

i would go with the M/T. when i go racing i use a set of stock termi rims that have the M/T ET drag radials on them and the car hooks great dont know how long they last if your going to use them for DD though cause i never have but i know for the track they are dam good tires.

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
I'd go with the M/T just be prepared for them not to last too long with how u drive lol. you wont get any wheel hop with them though, theyre great!

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
Not for dd. Ttack only. I dont have 15" rims. I have my stock termi rims. At pep boys right now tryin to get my wheel stud fixed. Any one beat 208.50 a tire for 275_40_17?

blackstallion06

Donator
DSG Trust me if your using a track only go ET Streets. Look at my banner that is what I am running. You can get a set of wheels like the ones I have from Jegs. They are
a knock off of the pro stars. If nit get some moser studs installed for strenght and get the black ranger wheels I gave Emilio for the wickedstangs flea market. They are 15 inch ranger wheels.
Albert and you both ran them before they will work with a spacer. You want a 15 for track use. Its gives you more sidewall to launch on. I run a 15x10 jeg pro star on rear ( no spacer ) 26x10.5x15 m/t ET Street
with a tube. The tube is so I can air down low and dont hurt the tire at all...

JEGS Pro Star

Rear : 15x8 W/ 5.5 BS , PN: 555-67077 ,NO Spacers , NO Relocated Swaybar , both front and rear use factory length studs and stock conical style lugnuts
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey+Thompson/672/3753/10002/-1 M/T et street 187.99 same ones I run

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompson/672/9553/10002/-1 Tubes ( if you decide to run them you dont have too) Advantages: you can air down low Disadvantages: They do not ride good on street at all!!!!!

KillerBee

do they have a 275-45-17?

they have that size for the radial tire yes but i dont think they have it for the tire that blackstallion is talking about. both tires are ET street one is a radial and one is much closer to a slick.but if your trying to get something for your stock temi rims then the ET street radial is the one that will fit on those rims. but blackstallion is right however if you can get 15" rims then you should because the ET street you can fit on them is much better than the ET street radial.

blackstallion06

Donator
ET street is more of a slick like I run the Radial is stickey but its more of a weekend warrior tire I guess

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
Why cant you race? I fin mg et streets 26/10.5/15. Great For driving to and from track. I live exactly 1 Mile to track. Its Right behind my house.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
I wont pass tech. Im gonna fix it tomorrow though. But i still wont have tires in time. Unless i have some really good friends.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I need to save mine for Mustangs vs The World. I think I have a few passes left on my tires. I would loan them to you, Daryl. But they way you burn through tires, I'm afraid I won't have much left after you're done with them.