• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TRACK DAYS!!

northerncountry

Ladies and gentlemen, wickedstangs members,

As most of you know my deployment is rapidly approching so i am planning trackdays until i am gone for the rest of the year. So here are some proposed days and tracks I am thinking about running, i pretty much run solely through Speed Ventures. Very professional and makes for a great day!

Feb 16th at Autoclub $190 about 5, 20 min sessions ( autocross is 75 bucks )
Mar 22/23 at Chuckwalla raceway $180 ( Very Smooth and Fast!)
Apr 5/6 Streets of Willow $130 Very Technical ;)
May 3/4 at Autoclub $190 ( autocross is $75)

These are the tracks and days I am looking at, if you want to know more about these tracks or what is required log on to Speed Ventures. com
I am assure you it's a great time just remember to keep your pride in the pits and try not to impress anybody.

Too bad my beast will already be in OK for the first run and I'll be rolling inshort order on or after that date. Give em hell!!!!

yosemiddysam

Donator
Ha Ha if you only could have seen the Instructors faces when I got behind the wheel........ I pulled up in my Shelby one day and they just shook their heads. I didnt take much instructing to say the least. Hardest part was to force myself to "shuffle Steer". Not something normally done in a standard.

northerncountry

well danny but I am sure that going around a real track was alot more fun wasn't it

James I can teach you how to handle your shelby haha

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
well danny but I am sure that going around a real track was alot more fun wasn't it

James I can teach you how to handle your shelby haha

Well, yes and no. During training I can push it as hard as I want and don't worry about crashing, not my car. But at the track, a different story, worry about losing control and crashing. But definitely was fun at the track.

Boltvette

So why don't you join us for the Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series? We'll save you 10% or more on the registration fees for the 10 track days on the schedule. If you participate in at least 4 events you will be in the running for $500 and $250 tire certificates. The winner of the 2013 modified pony car class is out this year, so all 3 pony car classes are wide open.

Most of the tracks on which we run (Auto Club Speedway is an exception), there is a LOT of runoff space before you get anywhere close to a wall. In most cases, the worst that will result from an off-track excursion is that your car will get dirty. You know what we road course warriors say: Drag racing is for fast cars. Road racing is for fast DRIVERS!

northerncountry

ok guys and gals I know everyone is focused on MVSTW however when the straight line fun is done come join me on the road course for some legal high speed twists and turns, next track is Chuckwalla valley raceway, on the 22/23 I have been planning the 22nd anyone interested let me know.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
ok guys and gals I know everyone is focused on MVSTW however when the straight line fun is done come join me on the road course for some legal high speed twists and turns, next track is Chuckwalla valley raceway, on the 22/23 I have been planning the 22nd anyone interested let me know.

I'm going to be in Vegas on that weekend. Have fun.

northerncountry

Calling all road course guys and gals, I have signed up for Chuckwalla raceway for Sat the 22nd, Jenn and I are going up friday night to spend the night about an hour from the track run all day sat and drive home after the event. If you want to come out and ride bring your helment and get ready to have a great time. If you have never been to Chuckwalla Here is their website. http://goracecvr.com

Last edited:

Jefferyevede

Very good pics Emma.

I dont do track days now, but if I still did, Id be very happy with the first picture at the top of the page. I think head-on pics work best.

Just my opinion FWIW

PS Id want ugly buggers Photoshopped out tho.................... they know who they are.....