• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

widest tire on stock 18" chrome blades

HiHoSilver

I have a 08 gt, with the stock 18x 8.5 wide I think. I am going to be needing to purchase new sneakers fairly soon. Widest I can go on these rims, and any suggestions for good sneakers?

Thanks

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I had a set of nitto DR's on my stock rims they where 275 40 R-17 I hated them though.
If I heated them up to much they where greasy not enough was like a reg street tire. The size I had was though
was a 275

HiHoSilver

Thanks guys. I am not sure if I want to stagger or not. But 275 or 285? If I was to go wider all the way around, what are the limitations for the front.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks guys. I am not sure if I want to stagger or not. But 275 or 285? If I was to go wider all the way around, what are the limitations for the front.

Here's my recommendation. If you don't want to stagger, go 255 all the way around. But if you decide to stagger. 255 in the front and 275 in the rear. You will not have any problems with that set up.

HiHoSilver

thanks Bro, Think that is what I will end up doing? I have always beena truck wrench head. What dimensions on the 255's? I am used to like 35x12.50x16 mud tires and whatnot. haha. thanks

Big Al

I'm running NITTO 555s, 245/45/18 in the front and 275/40/18 in the rear. 285 is an extreme fitment on the stock 18X8.5 wheel and is not recommended.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
I have a 255/35/17 on a 8 inch rim. He will have no problem running a 275. A 275 is max for a 8inch. A 275275 will probably look funny up front. That's alot of tire.