• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wrench turner / fabricator for hire

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Hello WS,

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Bobby Amato and I'm one of the original members of WS. I'm coming to you guys to let you know that I am starting a home based business out of my garage/shop. Most of my work will be done during weekends since I also have a regular job.

A little about me: I am a 37yr old former Marine infantry man. In 2003 I became a Ground Support Equipment mechanic on North Island Naval Air Station. I used my GI Bill to put myself through welding school almost 2yrs ago and started welding as a profession in April of 2012. I have been at the same job for 10yrs now and have been turning wrenches on mustangs for 15yrs now. I am married and have 2 boys 8 and 5. I own 4 mustangs and a 92 F250.

About the business: A few years back I branched off from WS and started my own Racing website called WMD Racing. Therefore the business is called "WMD Racing Fabrication". Emilio has created a quick website for me, but it is still under construction, but can be found here www.wmdracingfabrication.net WMD Racing Fab is located in El Cajon right off of the 67 and Bradley. Since I do not have the overhead that bigger shops do I can charge a lot less. My labor rate will be $45 an hour. That is about half of what most shops charge these days. I take great pride in my work and consider it a privilege to work on different mustangs.

I am going to post pictures of some of the work that I do both at home and work. If after reading this and looking at the pics, you are interested in getting some work done on your car or need something fabricated or welded hit me up.

Bobby 619-672-7495

The car I owned when I joined wickedstangs. 530hp 331 w/paxton novi 2000

I could have been one of the guys to help start the WS Drag racing team :)

Did a carb swap on the race car

Made it into MM&FF

Sold that car and bought this. Started building the new race car

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Bobby, good to see you here on the website.

Everyone else...This is a top notch guy who stands by his work. Every project he has completed has been top notch with the highest level of craftsmanship and professionalism. Many of us here, at Wicked Stangs, have had the priveledge to watch his builds and see his cars perform on and off the track. Many of us have been searching for a welder that knows Mustangs; that search is now over. Bobby, thank you for offering up your services and talents to our organization.

This is first shop in San Diego that I personally endorse.

Ford1288

Donator
Known Bobby for years, great guy fellas. Spread the word!

Bobby I have some subframes I need welded up, I will be in contact soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkeinia

good luck, good to see you doing what you love, wish i was in cali to go by and support a great person. love the t-top cobra swap. is that yours and how much for it when done. lol

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
good luck, good to see you doing what you love, wish i was in cali to go by and support a great person. love the t-top cobra swap. is that yours and how much for it when done. lol

Yes it is mine and I already posted it for sale on this site lol Thanks for the kind words as well.:)