• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

08 Bullitt Suspension

dvs_bullitt

Donator
I have stashed some money aside to lower my bulllitt and to get her some new shoes. any ideas? i dont know much about all that. i want something nice! lol. thanks guys.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
get eibach springs, I believe either red or ethans dad can chime in as they both got nice suspension mods..

2K7GTCS

Choosing the right suspension setup has everything to do with how you plan to use the car.
Street only, Street/Track, and Drag vs Autocross/Road course?

If all you want to do is make the car lower, then yeah, just "slap some springs" on it.

I recommend installing a package from one source. The Roush, Eibach, or FRPP packages are all about the same price, and offer a balanced/tuned combination. I personally run the FRPP, which gives a 1.5" drop, and is very predictable to the limit.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
There's also options from Steeda and H&R. H&R will give you the biggest drop. I have Steeda's in mine and gave me 1.5" drop in the rear and 1.25" drop in the front. H&R will give you at least 1.5" drop all the way around from people who have them. I have even heard 2" drop.

northerncountry

yes guys the Lowering of the car is the springs and what you guys have posted are great but also remember with any lowering mod shocks and struts are a must to make the ride and at the limit make the springs work like they are supposed to. As for tires most of the guys here run nitto 555's or Nitto Invo's great look and they hold the road like crazy

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
I would aggree with Jon, many people forget that shocks and struts have a major contribution to what you want to get out of your Mustang. Not sure why shocks and struts are sometimes one factor that many of us don't consider. In my humble opinion, I recommend changing out your stock shocks and struts when you install lowering springs. I am running Steeda struts and shocks on my 08 GT and I have no complaints. FYI, the Steeda struts and shocks are actually made by Tokico.

dvs_bullitt

Donator
This was a recommendation from a fellow bullitt head: Steeda Sport springs with the Koni STR.T damper kit (2 shocks & 2 struts). i want the agressive lowered look but also want tofeel a handling difference. i dont do track, but i love my turns.

2K7GTCS

If all you want to do is make the car lower, then yeah, just "slap some springs" on it.
SARCASM

... installing a package from one source.
Package = springs, shocks/struts, and sways

I just remembered, the FRPP kit is actually the Eibach Pro System Plus, just in a different color.
Oh, and Hypercoils actually makes the Steeda/Eibach/FRPP springs.