• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2010 Car Craft Engine Swap Drags (Wicked Stangs RaceCar)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Engine Swap Drags (ESD)
Sunday March 28th, 2010
Speedworld Dragstrip
19420 W. Happy Valley Road
Wittmann, AZ 85361
www.speedworlddragstrip.com
623 388-2424 (Event Line)

Got an early street machine with a late-model engine? If you do, the Car Craft Engine Swap drags are for you. The rules are simple. Show up in a pre-'92 model year street machine with a late-model engine and race heads-up against other engine swappers for magazine glory. We are looking for everyday street car bodies and wicked late-model motors. If you have what it takes, all you have to do is show up at Speedworld Dragstrip in Wittmann, Arizona, pass tech and get your number. This event is open to anyone that meets the requirements.

Each car is guaranteed a spot in Car Craft Magazine, the largest street machine publication in the world. If you win this thing, you won't meet the guy at a car show who doesn't know it.

There will be a test and tune lane offered on Saturday, March, 27th and eliminations on Sunday. Each competitor will get a number. This isn't an invitation only event but we'd like to know you're coming. Send us an e-mail at CarCraft@carcraft.com with ESD in the subject line.

Rules
• Any car with a GM LS engine, Ford Modular engine, or Chrysler 5.7 or 6.1L Hemi engine in a pre-'92 body qualifies.
• Any tire is legal.
• Rear-wheel drive domestic vehicles only. No front-wheel, four-wheel drive, imports, or motorcycles/trikes.
• All vehicles must adhere to the NHRA rules for e.t. and mph. Cars will be inspected by Speed World officials using their tech lines. This race will be run as a class during a regular race event.
• Carburetors or factory/aftermarket engine controllers are allowed.
• Blocks and engines must be of the same generation. (ie: no LS heads on Gen 1 small blocks etc...)
• Any fuel is allowed
• Races will be heads up using a Sportsman tree: Normally Aspirated (N/A) in one class and Power-Adder cars in a separate class.
• Vehicles must have current registration, insurance, and a rear license plate. Vehicles must have working headlights, and brake lights.
• Vehicles must have a complete interior, glass, carpet, and upholstery. No sheetmetal interiors.
• No tube chassis. Bolt-on aftermarket front subframes and bolt-on aftermarket pro-touring type frames are allowed. Air bag/spring suspension is allowed. Back half cars are allowed. No fiberglass (except Corvette) or fliptop bodies.
No decals logos or names can be painted or placed on the body of the car. Driver name is allowed on the window along with any CC logos or mandatory sponsor stickers.

Car Craft Article...

Daniboy1983

I know this thread is kinda old and I'm stirring the pot...but now I kinda wish ya'll had put an LS3 or something of that sort in the car. I bet a fox body with some sort of LS power plant wins this thing.