• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Mustang Exhaust Questions/answers/issues

GameOver

SAN DIEGO
Donator
Has Anyone swapped out there stock exhaust (axle back) and had any issues? seems like im getting a misfire/backfire. Im unsure why this is occuring. Any suggestions? im driving a 2012 mustang V6 W/ Manual transmission and no Modifications under the hood.

Dahmersnack

OAK HARBOR, WA
If you haven't done anything besides the axle back, i bet it's just "after-fire" a temporary lean condition upon fuel cut (such as sudden decel). It was probably always there, but pronounced with your new badass exhaust, and in my opinion, sounds awesome!!! still concerned? Check for black soot. this might indicate a rich condition.

GameOver

SAN DIEGO
Donator
ook thanks, i appreciate....no im not running rich...about to run the sct to tune and try out the 91 octane and see if that will make a difference since that will ignite better...

Soyplata

Has Anyone swapped out there stock exhaust (axle back) and had any issues? seems like im getting a misfire/backfire. Im unsure why this is occuring. Any suggestions? im driving a 2012 mustang V6 W/ Manual transmission and no Modifications under the hood.

I'm replying on my dads account. I have a 2012 V6 and just swapped out the stock exhaust with the Roush axle back. I have not had any problems with the exhaust. The exhaust is very aggressive and makes a popping sound but thats normal for the exhaust. How do you know you are misfiring?

Dahmersnack

OAK HARBOR, WA
ook thanks, i appreciate....no im not running rich...about to run the sct to tune and try out the 91 octane and see if that will make a difference since that will ignite better...
where are you getting your tune kit at? I heard that evo performance has crappy customer service. just a heads up.
read about that tuner. sounds like a good deal. Been reading about 15-20 hp gains average. hope to hear what your results are after you have it installed.

GameOver

SAN DIEGO
Donator
today should be the intake install, there has been a delay on the tuner ... will post results and if there is any change

SD_Stang

Normally you will get mild poping when coasting to a stop in a low gear or just coasting at a higher rpm. My 2011 GT does the same.