• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Injector harness/ salt and pepper shakers

Foxman

ok doing the wire tuck on the fox.. there are 2 white plugs and 2 black plugs for the injector harness.. also known as the salt and pepper shakers.. it appears that their is a section that looks like all it does is extended it, i want to removing this section (unplug)..

But I remember reading somewhere that there was a recall on the fox bodys that added this parts but not sure what the problem was or if im not remembering correctly...

Foxman

looked up the recall.. this is what i found

posted from another forum
The recall I have is dated is March 27,1992 emission recall 91E19 which affected certain 89' 90' and 91 ' models. It was an intermittent connection in a wire assembly that may cause the "check engine" warning light to activate in the instrument panel. The letter goes on to state that this service will improve the operation of the "check engine "warning light. It also states that if the service is not done the "check engine" light may come on when there is nothing wrong with your cars engine. You are correct in stating that the fix was a short extension of the main harness(like a little jumper ) I think you shold be fine as basically the recall states that in plain englishits not a big deal lol!

Foxman

the ECU harness is Brand New, New old stock Ford 93 Harness... the only thing old is the injector harness and it needs to be replaced.. alot of the injector pigtails clips are broke... something that can be down later on down the line...

hopefully the long block will be going between the fenders this weekend... then the intake to All out for porting some time near the end of the month, if i dont attempt to port myself