• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just a few goodies

Tommy

Just a few goodies I've picked up lately for the 90 Coupe :peace:

I've decided it's staying N/A for a while so I'll be selling the Vortech blower soon. In the mean time I will be shaving off some fat, working on suspension mods , fuel delivery and spark.

Coming soon:

-Strange 10 way adjustables (front) with Strange coil overs
-Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks with coil overs
-BBK LCA's
-Baseline UCA relocator (from Orange395W's car)
-All new poly bushings
-AFR 185 aluminum heads 58cc, which should put me near 10:1 CR
-Torque box reinforcements
-Holley Systemax intake
-Greg Weld wheels, 15x10 rear, 15x3.5 front.
-Tru Fiber hood

blah, blah, blah.....and a few other goodies :bored:

Holley.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTYuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDAyMTcuanBn.jpg

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05859.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
-Baseline UCA relocator (from Orange395W's car)
:nonono:

sweet... Very Nice Mod list... So posting that you got the UCA from that guy is going to make it the same as his car :questionmark::questionmark: :wtf: :rofl: :hello:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
nice tom! cant wait to see stuff start coming in for the slowbra!

Tommy

nice tom! cant wait to see stuff start coming in for the slowbra!

:rock:

That may be a while because I also have my kids Jeep Wrangler which needs tires, shocks and a complete tune up.

The Slowbra so far needs a clucth/throw out bearing, and possibly either a brake master cylinder or proportioning valve. The front calipers aren't fully releasing. They maintain braking pressure and completely stop the car if I'm slowly crawling forward. Rotors get sizzling hot too.

Any ideas VP?

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
hmm i dunno go faster!!!! jk well if the log book was still in the car when you picked it up everything is logged in there. i dont think the clutch needs to be replaced yet i had them set it real touchy so its easy to shift while going down the track and less of push needed to engage it. hell ill buy the car back from ya in 3 years when i come back :) the car does have quite a few miles i would check the junk yard before buying a new one but my theory is when something breaks or is worn out time for a upgrade for a mo betta one! i guess since you have so many projects going on to hold off haha maybe the valve went bad from the car sitting there for so long from june-dec. i am sorry something has gone wrong on the car :(

Tommy

hmm i dunno go faster!!!! jk well if the log book was still in the car when you picked it up everything is logged in there. i dont think the clutch needs to be replaced yet i had them set it real touchy so its easy to shift while going down the track and less of push needed to engage it. hell ill buy the car back from ya in 3 years when i come back :) the car does have quite a few miles i would check the junk yard before buying a new one but my theory is when something breaks or is worn out time for a upgrade for a mo betta one! i guess since you have so many projects going on to hold off haha maybe the valve went bad from the car sitting there for so long from june-dec. i am sorry something has gone wrong on the car :(

no worries VP :hello:

The clutch will be replaced because a simple 1st gear launch or simply loading it into the trailer gets the clutch real stinky. It really smells like a burnt clutch with a simple cruise around town. If I try to get on it from a red light take off on 1st, it gets worse. The t/o bearing is squeaking at any idle, so I figured I'll just change them out.

Ford1288

Donator
Wish you were still going forced induction but this works too! I was wondering why you didnt go with a better intake and heads when you first bought the car. Wonder if you will get into the 7s with these mods???

Tommy

Wish you were still going forced induction but this works too! I was wondering why you didnt go with a better intake and heads when you first bought the car. Wonder if you will get into the 7s with these mods???

I ran an 8.3 and a 1.7 60' at Barona with the current setup, no tune, very bad front alignment with 255/40/17 tires in front, full interior, stock suspension and stock heavy hood. The only weight saving mod was missing a radio and a quick potty break :rofl:

I seriously think that if I can get it to hook and get a good tune, I will definitely be in the 7's.... N/A!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
7's are inevitable. It's just a matter of how far into the 7's he goes. It's what we (Foxbodies :first:) do. :)

Ford1288

Donator
Tom drives the **** out of that car too. Just a mild 347 hitting those 8.3s, cant wait to see more!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Tom drives the **** out of that car too. Just a mild 347 hitting those 8.3s, cant wait to see more!

It won't be so mild with AFR 185's, a Holley sytemax intake, Accufab 75mm Race T-body and 4" powerpipe. :)

Last but not least a tune far away from San Diego :rock::rofl::rofl:

Tommy

It was literally my DD until I raced it last at Barona when my power window quit.

Since October of 09, I've taken it to Mexico at least 6 times, SD to LA and back 2-3 times a week, plus Corona to Fallbrook 2-3 times a week. She's in surgery prep now :adore:

It won't be so mild with AFR 185's, a Holley sytemax intake, Accufab 75mm Race T-body and 4" powerpipe. :)

Last but not least a tune far away from San Diego :rock::rofl::rofl:

:lol:

I may have a way to tow it to San Bernandino :rock:

I feel like this right now: :ballchain:

I wish I could get it all done NOW, but I keep getting pulled left and right. I should have the top end disassembled by Thursday night. :tea:

Ford1288

Donator
I was saying it was mild before these new mods. Now it is actually reaching its potential.

P.S. Need any help Tom let me know! Would love to and would get the chance to learn.

Tommy

I'll definitely call ya Jonathan. I'll be working on both this car and the 79 F250 (Carb rebuild and adjust rockers)