• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Mar 3, 2012] Renegade Racing Series at Barona Dragstrip (Lakeside, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
The Wickedstangs Race Car will be participating in the Renegade Racing Series at Barona Dragstrip this season. C'mon out and support the club as we debut the club's racecar in its first competitive event.

2K7GTCS

I don't know if I'll run my car that day, but I will be there to support the Club's car.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
A bit of a setback for the race car. This weekend, the trailer was stolen from behind my shop. The criminals busted off both locks and took the piece of crap trailer. Does anyone know of another trailer...anywhere?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
A bit of a setback for the race car. This weekend, the trailer was stolen from behind my shop. The criminals busted off both locks and took the piece of crap trailer. Does anyone know of another trailer...anywhere?

That's why I hate National City. Damn!

deceptistang

I'm back and ready to run, just installed x pipe and long tube bbk long tube headers, though I think I hit a snag. In putting my steering linkage up then back own and thn going or a drive I felt a slight pop in the steering, soon I noticed a air bag light warning. Code reads that my crash memory is full, did a lot of research, on another drive I found my cruise control not working or lit up. Looks as if moving the steering rod, I snagged a wire and when I turned, I pulled a harness clip off. Anyone of u guys messed with disassembling a steering wheel on the newer mustangs yet? Would love some advice guys.

deceptistang

I'm back and ready to run, just installed x pipe and long tube bbk long tube headers, though I think I hit a snag. In putting my steering linkage up then back own and thn going or a drive I felt a slight pop in the steering, soon I noticed a air bag light warning. Code reads that my crash memory is full, did a lot of research, on another drive I found my cruise control not working or lit up. Looks as if moving the steering rod, I snagged a wire and when I turned, I pulled a harness clip off. Anyone of u guys messed with disassembling a steering wheel on the newer mustangs yet? Would love some advice guys.
Yes I realize I said long tube twice, but they are long tube!!!

deceptistang

Clockwork orange, crap. well good thing fuller ford had the part. Lesson for the the wrenchers out there, do not, i say do not let anyone touch your steering wheel while you have your steering rod disconnected, behind the steering wheel is the infamouse "clock spring". its a ribbon cable wound like a clock spring and my son spun the steering wheel a few times, so when i went for a drive and turned left, it broke. not a bad fix though. ebay $74, fuller ford $80. cheap lesson learned. A broken clock spring gave me crash memory full: (airbag fault 19) and no cruise control.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
GREAT NEWS!! The trailer has been recovered by National City PD and is back at my work, locked away inside. The inpound fees kicked our butts, $515, but the end result is a trailer for the race car.

I will be hooking up the trailer on Friday and picking the car up from Emilio's house that evening. We will meet at the track 8am and start preparing the car for racing. I have to install the six point seat belt, reset the nitrous system and verify fuel pressure. I hope to get in three to four runs in the morning and then hit the Renegade Race in the afternoon.

IS MY DRIVER READY????

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
GREAT NEWS!! The trailer has been recovered by National City PD and is back at my work, locked away inside. The inpound fees kicked our butts, $515, but the end result is a trailer for the race car.

I will be hooking up the trailer on Friday and picking the car up from Emilio's house that evening. We will meet at the track 8am and start preparing the car for racing. I have to install the six point seat belt, reset the nitrous system and verify fuel pressure. I hope to get in three to four runs in the morning and then hit the Renegade Race in the afternoon.

IS MY DRIVER READY????

That's great that it was recovered. Sucks on the impound fees. OUCH!!!!
I'll see you guys there in the morning.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Glad to see u got the trailer back and that sucks about the impound fee. your trailer gets stolen and u have to pay for it. thats bullshit. Ill be there at 8. see ya guys.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Wonder how packed its going to be.. psca racers from down south need to test and tune there cars..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

luckychance

that sucks about the trailer. did they catch the theif or theives? ill be there but as spectator..just got some of my gauges today! and want to get the meth and proper dyno first before i let er rip. where are you guys meeting at 8?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
that sucks about the trailer. did they catch the theif or theives? ill be there but as spectator..just got some of my gauges today! and want to get the meth and proper dyno first before i let er rip. where are you guys meeting at 8?

Going straight up to the track.

Mrs V.I. Massive

Good times @Barona today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120303_171315.png
    ForumRunner_20120303_171315.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 139
  • ForumRunner_20120303_171329.png
    ForumRunner_20120303_171329.png
    534.8 KB · Views: 127
  • ForumRunner_20120303_171345.png
    ForumRunner_20120303_171345.png