• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help tuner question

AUSTIN3:16

I just bought a new 2016 GT premium 5.0 (will post pics later). Question I have is, when I had a 2006 GT, I bought a tuner from American Muscle (Bama custom tuner) and used it on that 2006 GT but I wanted to know if I have to buy a new tuner for my 2016 GT? I believe it's an SCT tuner....on the back is a serial sticker that reads XP121211221A3. I'm also posting a picture in the attachment. I didn't want to buy a new tuner if this one I have will work. Any ideals?

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 115

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I just bought a new 2016 GT premium 5.0 (will post pics later). Question I have is, when I had a 2006 GT, I bought a tuner from American Muscle (Bama custom tuner) and used it on that 2006 GT but I wanted to know if I have to buy a new tuner for my 2016 GT? I believe it's an SCT tuner....on the back is a serial sticker that reads XP121211221A3. I'm also posting a picture in the attachment. I didn't want to buy a new tuner if this one I have will work. Any ideals?
did you make sure to remove the tune from the 2006?

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Tuner rarely lose value. Get that bad boy up for sale and use the proceeds for your upgrade.

Last edited: