• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Fukstain Thread 8 Fender rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I am taking the fenders down to bare metal. I was going to just sand and smooth, but decided to do it right.

This is what I started with:
100_0627.jpg

The 5 year old boy helping out...
100_0632.jpg

Apparently a greasy wrench was laid on the fender before I sprayed the epoxy primer years ago:
100_0636.jpg

Someone in the past had made a small dent into a huge repair. From the back side, you can barely tell there is damage at all.
100_0637.jpg

I was sanding down the underside of the fenders and found this stencilled under the paint.
100_0639.jpg

When I got these from a guy awhile back to replace my rotted out fenders, he said they were good quality, but I didnt know whether they were or not. I believe these to be NOS fenders.

The backside of the other fender had 2 markings on it:
100_0641.jpg

I have no idea why there were 2 stencils.

Here is another pic:
100_0643.jpg

If these are NOS fenders, the quality is going to be really good when it comes to body lines and fit. If I were to try and buy these on the market in perfect condition, they would probably run about 500-600 each . Again that is in perfect condition. But these are not too bad compared to others I have seen. A small 4x4 rust out spot on the drivers fender near the bottom rear, and the dent that I need to remove all the bondo from.

Stay tuned for the next update!

Status
Not open for further replies.