• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Fukstain Update 11-22-09

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well it has been awhile since I have posted about the car.

I ripped out the battery fender apron from American Designers(It was a piece of crap and didnt fit right). I then prepped the area again for the new piece that is a Chinese Import. It fit soooo much better and is totally useable with little work. It has been welded in and welds smoothed. A little bit of All Metal filler to smooth and that panel will be complete(Again). The engine bay repairs are close to being complete and ready for smoothing, priming, and paint.

I have installed the drivers torque box, floor support, and toe board. It took a little while as the American Designers Toe Board is a piece of crap that needed cut into 2 pieces and adjusted with a BFH to make it fit. This seems to be a ongoing thing.....American Designers sucks!!! Chinese import items are a better quality.

The drivers floorpan has been cut and trimmed to fit just right. I will be welding it in next weekend. The previous owner had replaced the floorpan before and there is a patch that is going to be needed. The statement measure twice, cut once comes to mind......

I have measured several other areas in preparation for them to be cut to install. The areas are driver side 1/4 panel, inner and outer wheelwells. Also the driver and passenger rear floors have been measured and are awaiting cut and install.

I have a current welder casualty that is really annoying. The welder is messing up and not feeding correctly every once in awhile so I have to undo it and refeed the wire. I also have to get a new tip for it.

Thanks for reading. I am making good headway and it is coming back together.

No pics but will be taking some next weekend when the floor is in.

Gib

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Well it has been awhile since I have posted about the car.

I ripped out the battery fender apron from American Designers(It was a piece of crap and didnt fit right). I then prepped the area again for the new piece that is a Chinese Import. It fit soooo much better and is totally useable with little work. It has been welded in and welds smoothed. A little bit of All Metal filler to smooth and that panel will be complete(Again). The engine bay repairs are close to being complete and ready for smoothing, priming, and paint.

I have installed the drivers torque box, floor support, and toe board. It took a little while as the American Designers Toe Board is a piece of crap that needed cut into 2 pieces and adjusted with a BFH to make it fit. This seems to be a ongoing thing.....American Designers sucks!!! Chinese import items are a better quality.

The drivers floorpan has been cut and trimmed to fit just right. I will be welding it in next weekend. The previous owner had replaced the floorpan before and there is a patch that is going to be needed. The statement measure twice, cut once comes to mind......

I have measured several other areas in preparation for them to be cut to install. The areas are driver side 1/4 panel, inner and outer wheelwells. Also the driver and passenger rear floors have been measured and are awaiting cut and install.

I have a current welder casualty that is really annoying. The welder is messing up and not feeding correctly every once in awhile so I have to undo it and refeed the wire. I also have to get a new tip for it.

Thanks for reading. I am making good headway and it is coming back together.

No pics but will be taking some next weekend when the floor is in.

Gib

I can't read alla that. I have a 6 week old migraine. What's up with the name? f**Ksomething or other?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
The name is because I hate this car......and it is a Pain in the Arse.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
it will probably fall apart after the first bump, then I will get the Sawzall out and there will be no problems from it again.....LOL

Tommy

Once these projects are done, they are the kind that you appreciate even more since your own muscle was put into it, rather than buying a finished product. Finished products look great, but there's a warm-n-fuzzy feeling when you do it yourself

mustangtim

South Carolina
my first Mustang was a 65 I redone it from the ground up including replacing full right & left full section floor pans so I know what kind of work you are talking about I will tell you all of the work is worth it in the end

yosemiddysam

Donator
There is nothing better than looking at before and after pictures and KNOWING that you did all the work!!! Keep rolling with it Gibs and let me know if and when ya need help.....It is not like I am 1 mile away or anything!!!!!!!