• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Gears

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
There there is a new guy that I met on base w/ a SN95 Cobra. He is looking to put some 373's in it. Didnt one of you all tell me that one guy with the F-Body had done alot of gear installations and was pretty good at it. Im pretty sure that the guy w/ the Cobra (Josh) would be willing to pay him to do it. Anyway, if anyone has that guys number or knows how I can get ahold of him let me know. I think I used to have his number but i dont know where it is. Thanks!

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
we do gears,well over 20 years combined diff exp.

I will put in a good word for your shop Nate. But I think he is looking to save a buck. Thats why he asked me if I knew anyone that know how to do it rather than asking if I know of a good shop. How much will he be looking at for a straight 327 to 373 gear swap and I will pass it along to him.

elky406

300 plus parts

if the rear end is in good shape we can get away with just pinion bearings and a seal its 65 or so in parts plus fluids,if it needs a complete install kit its 115 plus fluids.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
He was asking what he will need to order besides the gears....But he will already have them.

elky406

I can get him the install kit or he can,i like the ones i use for the type of shim that comes in the kit.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
This guy may come with us to your BBQ Nate. So i am sure he will talk to you about the gear install. He told me something about rebuilding his traction lok as well. But like I said hopefully you two can talk business at you BBQ.