• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Running Rich

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I understand it's bad. But will it happen again with the new computer? And yes it came back

I have this

EECIV SFI-MA12
E9ZF-12A650-C2A A9P

A9P is what you are looking for.

Automotive Computers
A computer is a processing and control device that has a variety of complexity levels depending on the system it is monitoring or controlling. Computers house a variety of components inside the infamous “Black Box”. The computer also has a self check system built in to monitor the function of the system and will set and store fault or trouble codes. A computer can have many names depending on the manufacturer and what it is controlling. An engine computer may be referred to as an; Engine Control Module (ECM), Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Engine Control Assembly (ECA), Motor Control Module (MCM), Body Control Module (BCM) or Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The main sections of the computer are the; 1. processor, 2. memory, 3. voltage regulators, 4. analog to digital convertors, 5. signal conditioners and output drivers.

3. VOLTAGE REGULATORS
The computer runs on lower voltage than the rest of the vehicle. The input to that computer is 12v the output should be 0-5v, that is why you checked those two pins 37 Vehicle Power and pin 57. This is a 5 Volt Reference Voltage sent out to many of the sensors. This voltage must be very accurate and stable; otherwise the sensor readings would not be accurate. Some manufacturers allow a .2Volt variance others are as small .04Volt variance. If for some reason the voltage regulators are bad, you may have fault codes CODE 19 for several sensors due to the sensor voltages being off.

"I understand it's bad. But will it happen again with the new computer?"
Why did it go bad... Hard to say it could have just crapped out just like any ordinary computer or electronic equipment.

Last edited:

5oh

Two Tone One Mustang
A9P is what you are looking for.

Automotive Computers
A computer is a processing and control device that has a variety of complexity levels depending on the system it is monitoring or controlling. Computers house a variety of components inside the infamous “Black Box”. The computer also has a self check system built in to monitor the function of the system and will set and store fault or trouble codes. A computer can have many names depending on the manufacturer and what it is controlling. An engine computer may be referred to as an; Engine Control Module (ECM), Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Engine Control Assembly (ECA), Motor Control Module (MCM), Body Control Module (BCM) or Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The main sections of the computer are the; 1. processor, 2. memory, 3. voltage regulators, 4. analog to digital convertors, 5. signal conditioners and output drivers.

3. VOLTAGE REGULATORS
The computer runs on lower voltage than the rest of the vehicle. The input to that computer is 12v the output should be 0-5v, that is why you checked those two pins 37 Vehicle Power and pin 57. This is a 5 Volt Reference Voltage sent out to many of the sensors. This voltage must be very accurate and stable; otherwise the sensor readings would not be accurate. Some manufacturers allow a .2Volt variance others are as small .04Volt variance. If for some reason the voltage regulators are bad, you may have fault codes CODE 19 for several sensors due to the sensor voltages being off.

"I understand it's bad. But will it happen again with the new computer?"
Why did it go bad... Hard to say it could have just crapped out just like any ordinary computer or electronic equipment.
Okay so is there anything else I should check before installing the new computer?

5oh

Two Tone One Mustang
what are your other codes?
Okay so I finally got around to replacing the computer with a brand new one and it FIXED my code 19 "no power to processor" as I'm very happy with the results!!! My car runs great and starts up better with better power. The check engine light came back on as expected with:

11 O

Separation code

91 C

Thanks so much for the help with the code 19!!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Okay so I finally got around to replacing the computer with a brand new one and it FIXED my code 19 "no power to processor" as I'm very happy with the results!!! My car runs great and starts up better with better power. The check engine light came back on as expected with:

11 O

Separation code

91 C

Thanks so much for the help with the code 19!!!!

That 11 O is a good thing.. Looks like all your codes are gone. Everything passed those other codes are after the Separation code which are just stored codes... You can clear those..

Last edited:

5oh

Two Tone One Mustang
That 11 O is a good thing.. Looks like all your codes are gone. Everything passed those other codes are after the Separation code which are just stored codes... You can clear those..
How do I clear them out with the obd1 tester?