• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The 24th Annual San Diego County Veterans Day Parade

ladygaga2

November 11, 2010
Meeting at Bennigan's at 6:30am rolling out at 7:00am
1760 Camino Del Rio N
San Diego, CA 92108

WANTED: Antique or Classic Cars and Convertibles!

Seeking owners of convertibles, roadsters, and antique or unique cars
to transport a Dignitary in the Parade

Volunteers are asked to reply to Scott Langhoff, Parade Vehicle Coordination Subcommittee Chairman, at sdvetsparade@cox.net or by calling (619) 884-5917 anytime. You can also visit our website at www.sdvetparade.org to obtain the volunteer form online. Please include the make, model and year of your vehicle and maximum passenger capacity.

The 24th Annual San Diego County Veterans Day Parade

Thursday, November 11th, 2010 at 11:00 A.M.

Pacific Coast Highway, Downtown San Diego - Cedar Street to Harbor Drive

The Distinguished Flying Cross Society, San Diego Lindbergh Chapter
& 1961 Corvette from the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego

2006 Veterans Day Parade photo courtesy of Clint Steed.

Each year, on the appointed day, and at the specified time, San Diegans pause to honor our Nations' Veterans, by participating in or observing the Parade in San Diego. This Parade includes entries from across San Diego County, composed of Honor and Color Guards, JROTC Drill Units, Military and High School Marching Bands, Military units and vehicles, Veterans Organizations, and of course, Dignitaries.
This year, we are especially honoring our “Cold War Veterans”, all of the men and women that served during the Cold War outside of the Korean & Vietnam Wars and Operation Desert Storm, as our Honorary Grand Marshals! Our Parade Grand Marshal will be announced in the near future.

*Drivers have the final decision on placement of the Dignitaries in their vehicles, and are encouraged to decorate their vehicles in patriotic themes should they desire to do so

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I was just thinking, do we need to meet that early? I was going to suggest waiting for instructions from Scott for the meeting time, then plan from that. I remember last year was a mess and we ended up waiting forever at the rallying point. Just a suggestion.

ladygaga2

I talked to him yesterday and this is what I was given. He said registration begins at 8:00am and to be early because it does get crazy down there.

GLDNPNY

Looks like I will be joining you on this one. I'll bet the clutch leg will be tired by the end of tomorrow!

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
This is an E-mail I recieved from the coordinator today:

Greetings to All!

It's that time of the year again, and the 24th San Diego Veterans Day Parade will be held on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 11:00 AM on Pacific Coast Highway from Cedar Street to Harbor Drive in downtown San Diego!

As always, we appreciate the Community Spirit of our area's Car Club members in their support of this event by volunteering to drive Dignitaries in the Parade. This is my tenth year coordinating vehicles for the Parade, and we can again use your support this year!

Probably because of the fact that Veterans Day falls on a weekday (Thursday) this year, I have received commitments from about half of the owners that I usually have, so if you can participate, your support is crucial to the success of our Parade!

If you are interested in volunteering to transport a Dignitary in this year's Parade, please contact me with the make and model of your car, maximum passenger capacity of your car, mailing address and telephone number!

Please don't hesitate to call me should you have any additional questions.

Respectfully,

Scott H. Langhoff
CPO, USN (Retired)
Transportation Coordinator
2010 San Diego Veterans Day Parade Committee
Cellular: (619) 884-5917
WWW.SDVETPARADE.ORG

Lets all pitch in and show em what Wickedstangs is all about.. Coupes and convertables welcome!