• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TKO install?

Daniboy1983

I finally bought a TKO600 to replace my broken T5 that I destroyed about 3 months ago. I know I need a new bellhousing and 26 spline clutch, but is there anything else I need to install this transmission in my fox? Is there any downside to replacing just the clutch disk? I've always replaced the whole clutch, but I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. I know I know TKO+cheap=oxymoron IT would be awesome if I can install a TKO for less than $1600. That puts me one step closer to fixing the torque box and buying tires. So much money...:frown:

02gt

You didnt mention anything about the drive shaft may need to get a different one...

02gt

the tko may be different a length then the t5 but i may or may not be right, the t 56 you have change shafts so im just basing what im saying on that....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
You didnt mention anything about the drive shaft may need to get a different one...

You don't have to replace the driveshaft. You do however need to get a new yoke. You need to find out what spline the TKO 600 needs. You will also need a new shifter as the T5 one will not work.

M

Mustangcwo

I believe the Ford C-6 yoke should fit perfectly on the TKO 600. The same drive shaft can be used.

02gt

well is that for all the cars running tko's? if so thats good thats less money that has to be spent to swap tranny's....

Daniboy1983

ears I spent 1400 on it which included shipping. I probably could have found one cheaper but I really want to get into the throttle instead of babying the car everywhere. I want to have fun as soon as possible and money is the easiest way to get there.

I totally forgot about the yoke. I am sure the T5 has a 28 spline and the TKO has a 31 so I better hit the junk yard. Anybody have a 31 spline yoke? If ya do I'll take it for free :biggrin1:

I didn't think about resurfacing the flywheel either... Not a big deal though.

02gt

ears I spent 1400 on it which included shipping. I probably could have found one cheaper but I really want to get into the throttle instead of babying the car everywhere. I want to have fun as soon as possible and money is the easiest way to get there.

I totally forgot about the yoke. I am sure the T5 has a 28 spline and the TKO has a 31 so I better hit the junk yard. Anybody have a 31 spline yoke? If ya do I'll take it for free :biggrin1:

I didn't think about resurfacing the flywheel either... Not a big deal though.

where did you find the tranny at? seems to me like a deal you got im gonna need to upgrade my trannny soon too, i need to start looking for a Bad ass one...

Foxman

i wouldnt reuse a pressure plate... if the flywheel needs surfacing so does the pressure plate... which i never heard of being done?

tkeinia

i just picked up a tko 600, shifter, al driveshaft, sfi stell bell housing, centerforce stage 2 clutch with al flywheel and rear from a 96 mustang for 2500.00

ears

well that should do it! dont have to worry about re surfacing the flywheel now! thats for sure!