• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Update on wicked fox 14nov2010

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Update on WICKED FOX..

Alright Everyone its time to start our Wicked Stangs Race Team and get hot on our little project. The Nitrous System on Wicked Fox is installed and working good. MustangCWO will be heading up the Wicked Stangs Race Team. There are still alot ahead of us. We are going to need everyones help on this.

Items we need to focus on:
At, Yesterdays test and tune we discovered the car is not shifting fast enough and bouncing off the REV LIMITER. A quick fix for that is to get the car back to JBA to tune for quicker shifts and tune the car with the Nitrous. We also, noticed the car could benefit from leaving the starting line a little harder. The best 60foot this car has done is 1.7 and it did it all day long. For us to achieve a better launching We would need to convert our 4R70W to a Manual Reverse Valve Body Setup and trans brake. We are also looking a getting a bottle warmer and gauge. Nitrous Bottle Heaters or Warmers are the way to get the most consistent accurate hit of nitrous every single time. Bottle pressure is very important to nitrous performance you want it to be maintained between 950-1100psi. With everyone's help and donations we can make this possible.

We are going to keep track of our Progress.

1. 8.1@85
2. 8.2@84
3. 8.2@83
4. 8.2@84
5. 8.2@84

Our Car has so much potential. The plan is to have the car at every test and tune minus the special events that routinely kill the pocket book. We are going to try and get the car ready for PSCA for 2011.

All, I have placed three donation links above.

Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

NEXT TEST AND TUNE DEC 11TH, 2010

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I will not be here on the 11th I will be in wa. I think there is a test and tune at california speedway coming up.
I will donate the bottle heater out of my car. It is one less thing you have to buy. It just needs you TODD to wire
it into car. The thermostat everything is there. I think the easiest way is to add in another switch and a bottle pressure
gauge in the car so you can see the pressure when you have the heater on. It does work well just dont... well you better wire it in Todd.

M

Mustangcwo

Thanks Phil and I will wire it into the car. I will also add a remote gauge into the dash. Phil, you have always been an outstanding racer, friend and member of this club. I want to personally thank you for keeping the drag racing alive and well here at WickedStangs. This car club was founded on racing and I hope to keep it alive and well!!!

M

Mustangcwo

Wickedfox is making some awesome progress, but the car has obvious problems. Emilio speaks of the way forward and here is a little more input.

Problem: The car is not shifting in time and hitting the rev limiter. The reverse manual valve body will allow the driver to shift the car and eliminate this problem.

Problem: Nitrous to cold...Thanks for the bottle warmer Phil.

Solution for all: I will match the funds that the club raises for the car. I was going to build my own car, but my passion is with this car and this club. I am going to donate my time and money to make this car very competetive. If you can help out great, if not, that is OK. This club is about friends, family and great times first. Thanks.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Thanks Todd yeah anything I can do to help out. Tell Emilio I will give you guys the heater when he gives me KOT trophy. LOL
I dont want him to forget about the trophy. I will take it all out of the car WED