• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs History blog...

GhostRider

Ok everyone, I need to make this clear that this isn't a complaint, but rather a suggestion...

I'm getting the feed back from a lot of people that think this website is MORE of a forum, and not an actual Mustang club website. It occurred to me that this might be due to the way WS advertises itself.

1.) If you look at our site, Our club logo is hiding in the coroner and doesn't really stand out to the eye, not to mention it's always changing colors and doesn't really stay consistent. The logo on the site doesn't even match the one on our shirts. There needs to be ONE logo and that's it! You don't see Apple, Coke, and Ford always changing there logos appearance. We are lacking some of the structure that most people would associate with a serious club. This brings me to my next point....

2.) No where on the whole site is there an "About us" or "Club History" tab offering information, Mission statement about the club and who we are. Most people in this club have no idea who the founders are/ were, or where and when it all began. Being that we are one of the largest mustang clubs in the U.S. with many chapters nation wide, we should cherish our club history allow new members the opportunity to understand where this club began. It's really lacking the "Exclusivity" for those people who are looking for a serious club to join and be active in. These are just a few things that I think should be taken into consideration.

I hope that I'm not offending anyone with this post! That is honestly not my goal. Love this club and all of you, I live, breath, and bleed WS. I feel that we are a tight family here at Wicked Stangs. I just think we should take more pride in our club.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
There use to be a history section in the old format. But when it switched to the new format, a lot of those things disappeared. It has been mentioned and to put it back on, but that's something only the computer savy people can do.

1) As for the bylaws, there is always one set of laws Wicked Stangs goes by. This is a family friendly club. Respect everyone. This club does not endorse street racing and nothing about street racing should be posted on this forum. At car shows, we do not do burnout unless it is in a competition endorsed by the organizer of the event.
It is expected each chapter to uphold these rules and apply the rules to their chapter as they see fit. The home chapter is the San Diego chapter, and the bylaws are non-negotiable. But we do not want to restrict other chapters to create rules that fit their demographic. They may be more strict but cannot be more lenient then the set By-Laws.

2) As far as logo is concern. The logo is the same and I agree, should be larger on the website. And that is something that Emilio will need to do. But as far as colors, a lot of other clubs has different colors for their name. But as long as the logo is consistant, that is the important thing. I must make one corrections regarding the logo on here and on our shirts, they are the same. Just the color on the letters are different. We have went through some logo change in the past, but that is normal in a lot of establishment to be up with the time and what grabs attention.

Russell, what you wrote is valid. But you also have to explain to those that are not seeing this as a club but a forum. Yes, a lot of our business are done online. But look at Mustang Club of America, how many people do you see getting together all the time and they don't really have a forum to communicate on. They are 35 years in existence, we are only 14. But we have a nationwide forum to communicate across the country. The responsibility of what's going on is delegated to the local chapters board members, especially the Presidents and Vice Presidents. They are responsible for recruiting and getting events going for their respective chapters. It would do us no good to have the central chapter dictating what is going on for another chapter, for example, Floriday, South Carolina, from San Diego. As long as those events are events that will not bring negative attention to Wicked Stangs. We have chose not to charge membership dues, but we appreciate any donations to keep this club going. One thing we may be looking at is to have one club shirts for all the chapters. This will show some form of unity.

This is some of my opinions in this matter. This is a unique club. Yes, it does not have the centralize committee as you would expect from other club. But other clubs also do not have chapters across the nation. We want to give each local chapter their own freedom in choosing their events as they will know their local area better. However, we want the Wicked Stangs name to have a positive image. So that is something the Presidents and Vice Presidents of each chapters must enforced. Hope this will explain some of your concerns.

GhostRider

Danny,
I understand what your saying and I agree with you. I just think that as leaders, we should always be pushing to improve our club, its direction, and make it as good as we can. We shouldn't just settle for good. One day the New members will be the ones taking our place and it's sad to think that some may not know our history and foundation. Just because things are "good" or "fine" doesn't mean they can't be better. We're only as good as we limit ourselves to be! I'm not trying to complain and whine about things... I'm just addressing the concerns that have been pointed out to me. As for what you mentioned about each chapter operating on its own, I agree. There is no disagreement there.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
That is fine, I want improvement. But until someone who understand how to work a computer website beside Emilio, there is only so much someone can do. I sure the hell don't know how to work a website, I'm computer illiterate except to post and other minor things. If someone can, and if Emilio allows it, by all means. I don't know how to put article into the main page. If you do, please do so. Because I don't. Like I said before, the history of the club was on here, don't know what happened to it. There was a full page written on how it was founded and by whom and when. If I can find it, I'll post it up.

GhostRider

That is fine, I want improvement. But until someone who understand how to work a computer website beside Emilio, there is only so much someone can do. I sure the hell don't know how to work a website, I'm computer illiterate except to post and other minor things. If someone can, and if Emilio allows it, by all means. I don't know how to put article into the main page. If you do, please do so. Because I don't. Like I said before, the history of the club was on here, don't know what happened to it. There was a full page written on how it was founded and by whom and when. If I can find it, I'll post it up.

Danny, I'm not trying to offend you. Please understand that I'm just doing what any person would do, if things are brought to their attention. I can't stress this enough, I'm not trying to offend ANYONE, nor am I complaining!! That's not the point of this.

I personally think that Emilio is doing a great job! I know that he has a lot going and a ton of work to do. I think that too many people criticize his efforts but don't offer to help him out (in a kin d of way), or offer suggestions. That's what I'm doing.... I'm offering suggestions. It's beyond stupid to expect HIM to make everyone happy and make this site perfect! That's why it falls on us to help him out in anyway possible... I'm not the greatest when it comes to computers either, but I can offer suggestions if its in the best interest of the club. I would like to Thank Emilio and EVERYONE that has put any time and effort on behalf of the club!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm not offended. I'm just saying if anyone knows how to work computer website and if they can get with Emilio to do that. All the power to them. Until someone can step up to the plate and do that, this is what we have. I don't know what else can be done about other people's feeling this is more of a forum then it is a club. Well, I'm sorry and I'll apologize to them that this is not what they were looking for. But they have to know when you are dealing with chapters spread out across the country, it is pretty hard to have regular get together. And if they want a hierachy of who is in charge, well that is what the local chapters is suppose to be, they organize it to where there is a clear leadership structure.
This is the uniqueness of this club. Yes, this is a club. And we are lucky to have a website where we can share information to all membership. They can go look at other clubs and see how they can get the resource from different people from all over the country, good luck. If they find another, let see how friendly they can be. What you are suggesting is great. But it is not logistically possible right now. In order to have a central structure or a national committee, that is what sounds like its being suggested. That it requires a full time central committee be elected and dues are charged for membership. The central committee will be required to travel and inspect all chapters to ensure all rules are follow. Well, that is just not going to happen.
As I have said before, if the people that is having issue with it, they can always contact anyone of the leadership structure and voice their displeasure and bring up suggestions. Suggestions are always welcome, however, not all suggestions will be implemented if it is not logistically possible at the present. And I will say it again. Since there is not a central committee, it is up to the local chapter's presidents, vice presidents and the leadership corp to make sure things are happening in their respective chapter and establish a leadership structure. Each chapter is free to structure it anyway they like it, but just keep in mind what is the mission of this club. There will always be criticism and this club will not please everybody. That is just the nature of things. But if people expects things to change just because they suggested it, well, that's not reality. If they get upsets over their suggestions not being implemented, I'm sorry, we don't always get what we want. There are reasons for everything and not every reasons are shared with everybody. Just know all changes or non changes are done for the overall benefit of this club.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Some good input, and like Danny said suggestions are always welcome. Glad to hear people are interested in learning about WS history, so I created a couple of quick threads about the history. I will post some more as time permits, but at least we have a starting point.

The reason the website look changes so often is more complex than it appears. The creators of the forum software that we use implement updates/upgrades all the time, but the skin software (the color/design) company do not upgrade as often. Constantly having to find new skin software that is compatible with the new website software upgrades. Logo design is constant, just the color changes.

GhostRider

Danny no offense, but you've told nothing I don't already know. The ONLY thing that I'm suggesting is...
1.) Consistent logo Colors... I know the logo is the same, just the colors.
2.) A "Club History" tab or "About Us" section on the website easily accessible to allow members to read our history, and club info, Ect...

That's all that was intended. I'm not asking or suggesting for a National Inspection committee or anything crazy like that.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Danny no offense, but you've told nothing I don't already know. The ONLY thing that I'm suggesting is...
1.) Consistent logo Colors... I know the logo is the same, just the colors.
2.) A "Club History" tab or "About Us" section on the website easily accessible to allow members to read our history, and club info, Ect...

That's all that was intended. I'm not asking or suggesting for a National Inspection committee or anything crazy like that.

Hey, I'm just responding to what you wrote in the first post about what others are telling you about they don't feel like this being a club. I'm just pointing it out what it will take for some people to feel like a club. That's great you already know that. Maybe you could enlighten them in that regards.

got2begucci

VA Chapter President
Donator
Besides reading the Ethnography isn't there a shortened version or a nice little write-up about wickedstangs and how it came to be and what are motto is so that i can use it and share to others about us? I been looking and can't find something like this.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Besides reading the Ethnography isn't there a shortened version or a nice little write-up about wickedstangs and how it came to be and what are motto is so that i can use it and share to others about us? I been looking and can't find something like this.

We use to have one I will look for it.. Here is something a member wrote.....

Wicked Stangs Mustang Community is not just for Club members. Our websites are open to any Mustang enthusiast. Established in 1998, Wicked Stangs has provided their members and viewers with consistent and reliable forums for people who know their Stangs. Because the Wicked Stangs Mustang Club was founded by a group of Mustang fanatics, we know what you need. Whether it’s an outlet for the exchange of ideas, information about maintenance and modification, we are your one stop shop for everything you need to know about America's favorite pony. Together, we have watched our club evolve from relationships focused around similar interests, to a diverse community of family and friends. Whether you have been riding for years or you’re new to the scene, our members bond around the center respect of this great American car and great American traditions. We enjoy getting together to share stories, host events, seek consultation on new issues, post reviews on new hardware and share in the similar dream of owning the sweetest ride.

got2begucci

VA Chapter President
Donator
Thats is a pretty nice writeup. Please post the other one when you find it. I would like to read it.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Thats is a pretty nice writeup. Please post the other one when you find it. I would like to read it.

Club Info said:
Founded in 1998, Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Club was created by three long-time Mustang enthusiasts, Emilio Valdez, Juan De Leon, & Pha Ly. The concept was simple: to create a positive and rewarding Mustang club experience. With a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable members, Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Club has emerged as one of the premier Mustang Community in the country. Regular appearances and features in national Mustang publications such as: 5.0 Mustangs & SuperFords Magazine, Mustang Enthusiast Magazine and media such as PowerTV are a testament to the quality of our club.