• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2011+ Mustang GT Oil Separator

boostedmach

Took the HPX 2012 GT on up to see Steve at Bob's Autosports for a test fit of there Oil Separator on the 2011+ GTs. While I was up there I got the tour of where these, along with ALOT of other parts are made and let me tell you just the amount CNC machines alone looks like something off the TV show "How Its Made".

The Quality is TOP NOTCH, and the way the oil is trapped by the media inside is by far better than whats out there on the market. After the trip back from Bob's Autosports and some around town driving ~80mile there was not enough oil collected to "drain" but pulling apart the separator and inspecting I found oil clinging to the media, along with some oil in the hose from the pcv. However the entire top portion of the oil separator along with the hose to the intake was bone dry.

Sorry for the Quality of the photos, they where taken with a cell phone.

HPX Motorsports

Brushed finish is only $110 Shipped to the lower 48

Install can be done in about 5-10min by anyone who has ever held a hand tool.

20120503_093807.jpg

-Start by removing the stock bolt from the ground on the strut tower
-Then using the new longer 8mm bolt, install the Oil Separator along with the ground that was removed. Keep it snug for now so that you can move the can while installing the hoses
20120503_102222.jpg

-Removing the stock fittings is pretty easy, and can be done with a small cut with a knife, or heating the end up in boiling water for a few minutes. You end up with this -
20120503_102243.jpg

-Using the supplied hose, trim to length and push over the stock fittings then run the hose to there correct port on the oil separator.
-Coming from the PCV valve goes into the lower port, then to the intake from the upper port.
20120503_102509.jpg

20120503_102537.jpg

After the hose is ran, snug the hose clamps, and tighten down the 8mm bolt, install your engine cover if you removed it, and stand back and feel good that your now helping to keep oil from your pcv system out of your intake and engine.
20120503_102905.jpg