• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

31 barona, any one want to roll?

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
i have been dying to get to the track and try out the new axle set up. cant wait to see what this thing will do. fastest to date is 8.01 @ 89.9. new results tomorrow.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I thought you have ran faster then that? So I have you beat by .01.

spdpilot

do any better????

The 98 is down. Have to install to EVAP parts to get the dang Check Engine Light off so can get it smogged. Or at least hope I get it smogged.

Then I worked all day on the Shelby to take it Sunday. Then the clutch "I think" is slipping.

So, I took the truck. New best of 8.90!

02gt

well at least you improved on the truck...must be nice to say...."hmmm what am i going to race today????" LOL

spdpilot

well at least you improved on the truck...must be nice to say...."hmmm what am i going to race today????" LOL

True, but for me right now it goes more like..... "what can actually afford to break today?" "Shelby?....no (family car and expensive), Cobra?...yes but it is already broke, ahhh screw it, I got warranty on the truck!"

And that dang truck just never lets me down and runs consistant every time.

The truck is going to be my drag racing vehicle I think. $2500 for a complete replacement motor?? Hell yeah, I can afford to break it after warranty. And I know I can get into the 7's fairly cheaply. The 98 Cobra is becoming a pain in the rear to get going fast down the track and What do you think it might cost me if I blow up the Shelby motor? Don't even want to think about it. But then again, the truck isn't a Mustang either.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
prolly another 15

:pukes:
True, but for me right now it goes more like..... "what can actually afford to break today?" "Shelby?....no (family car and expensive), Cobra?...yes but it is already broke, ahhh screw it, I got warranty on the truck!"

And that dang truck just never lets me down and runs consistant every time.

The truck is going to be my drag racing vehicle I think. $2500 for a complete replacement motor?? Hell yeah, I can afford to break it after warranty. And I know I can get into the 7's fairly cheaply. The 98 Cobra is becoming a pain in the rear to get going fast down the track and What do you think it might cost me if I blow up the Shelby motor? Don't even want to think about it. But then again, the truck isn't a Mustang either.