• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

51 charged in San Diego auto theft ring, San Diego

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/51-people-charged-in-auto-theft-ring/

SAN DIEGO — A six-month undercover auto-theft investigation resulted in more than 50 indictments being handed down and the recovery of 46 stolen vehicles, officials announced Friday.

In all, 51 people are being charged with auto theft, selling stolen vehicles, drug sales, carjacking, residential burglary and identity theft in connection with the investigation, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said in a statement.

The operation was conducted by the Regional Auto Theft Task Force and initially focused on areas near military housing that car thieves were targeting. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service contributed funding and personnel to the effort.

Dumanis said dozens of car thieves have been shut down as a result of the operation. Other evidence seized included seven guns, two ballistic vests as well as cocaine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy, OxyContin and heroin, officials said.

TEXSSP91

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/05/51-people-charged-in-auto-theft-ring/

SAN DIEGO — A six-month undercover auto-theft investigation resulted in more than 50 indictments being handed down and the recovery of 46 stolen vehicles, officials announced Friday.

In all, 51 people are being charged with auto theft, selling stolen vehicles, drug sales, carjacking, residential burglary and identity theft in connection with the investigation, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said in a statement.

The operation was conducted by the Regional Auto Theft Task Force and initially focused on areas near military housing that car thieves were targeting. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service contributed funding and personnel to the effort.

Dumanis said dozens of car thieves have been shut down as a result of the operation. Other evidence seized included seven guns, two ballistic vests as well as cocaine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy, OxyContin and heroin, officials said.

i bet those are the people that stole my civic ... im going to give them a call .. about this ... cuz my case was never closed ... mmm i wonder why .. :nonono::nonono: