• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adopted a Paltoon!

step on mii

OKAY Ladies.. I sent the application in the other day and I got a call today from them. I will be getting an e-mail from them hopefully by tonight and we will have 35 soliders to send packages too :) So we need to think of carepackage ideas to send to them all we have to do is write once a week to them and one box a month is the minimum that we have to do but I'm sure we will do more becuase we cant get enough stuff for 35 guys in one little box. I will go to the post office and pick up some boxes and the forms that have to be done and we can start. I dont know if we want to post on the main part to get stuff from the guys or just do us girls lol. Well let me know when ever you guys want to start this :)

StarAngel

This is a great idea!! Robert was telling me that some of the guys that are stationed with him havent' gotten anything from anyone not even their wives!! I think that's amazing, I mean why do you marry someone if you're not going to contribute to their wellbeing?

You bet we will do this, I send stuff to Rob all the time! We will need to see which boxes we want to send as the largest one that I send is $14.50. We all should talk to figure out what we want to send to them.

Good job Steph!!!

step on mii

No problem :) I love sending care packages you can get so creative with them hehe

Yes we need to discuss this maybe Saturday if we all get together maybe do lunch or something so we can all figure this stuff out!

step on mii

Yeah :) idk if we all want to send this out to the guys too and maybe get more stuff idk just a thought since most are military members and know what it feels like to be deployed

Wicked Stangs Chick

AWESOME !

So I'm guessing we are all going to send individually? I already have a bunch of flat rate boxes and customs forms, since I used to send to my ex and a bunch of friends.

I think it would be cool if it was just us girls doing it but it's not about us, it's about our troops and the more the better, for them :)

Barbie

I like the idea of keeping it simple...we should start out just having the girls do it, and once we get the ball rolling we can add the guys in if they want. I know most people want magazines to look at. They don't really care what kind, but seeing as we're a car club...lol Random dollar store toys are good too. May seem stupid, but I know from being underway that it gets boring and you'll play with whatever you have.

step on mii

Yeah tehy get entertained by anything i sent andrew and his buddys stupid toys from like target like the ones you would put in litte kids goodie bags and they loved it!

Barbie

exactly...happiness until some moron gets mad and breaks it...lol but hey, that's why the inexpensive toys are great :)

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
This is a great idea!! Robert was telling me that some of the guys that are stationed with him havent' gotten anything from anyone not even their wives!! I think that's amazing, I mean why do you marry someone if you're not going to contribute to their wellbeing?

You bet we will do this, I send stuff to Rob all the time! We will need to see which boxes we want to send as the largest one that I send is $14.50. We all should talk to figure out what we want to send to them.

Good job Steph!!!

Now THAT breaks my heart. Guys not getting anything from 'home', USA. I'm all for it. I know what it is like not to have anyone to hear from. Just knowing someone cares means more than the gifts. (But presents are good too. :) Just let me know.

This is my cell # if anyone wants or needs to call me. 619-865-6452