• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Auto Insurance Coverage of Modifications

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
I recently talked with my insurance company (California Casualty) on the subject of coverage on modifications made to my Mustang. I gave them the example of putting on a couple of thousand dollars of suspension parts. I asked if I need to notify them once this mod is done. They told me, "No". They did say, make sure you save receipts and take pictures of the parts. I know all insurance companies are different in how they handle claims, especially on modified or limited edition vehicles. As some universal advice, I would say that you definately want to save your receipts. Second, take pictures of the parts before and after they are put on your vehicle. Even after that, I would still be skeptical about how the insurance company is going to treat this. As we all know, they are there for their own best interests.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I have all my receipts. But as for pictures, I guess I have some, but not all. Hell, we post enough of our pictures on here, we could probably just use them. LOL!

ears

true statement. my ins said. as long as i have some sort of proof that they were on the car they would be obligated with replacing them with identical parts!

northerncountry

I didn't have to show pics or have a recept but I did have to put my car back to oem form before I left the yard. but I am going to keep all repcepts for ALL OF My Stuff!!! and I have alot!!

ears

see that would f me,,,, like i have no receipts anymore of my short block or 9/10 of the crap thats on my car. and then what about the stuff that i got from private parties. would they accept a receipt from them????

then what about the stuff you already had on your car,,,, like i have the sub frame connectors that were there when i bought it. what about all that crap!