• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CCC Motorsports

so yesterday, I was helping a buddy move and my cars thermostat got stuck closed. luckily I noticed it before I was totally redlined on my temp gauge. stopped at store to let It cool off and went around corner to oreilys. got the thermostat and went to my car to inspect it more. started it up and let it idle, temp just sat at normal temp. decided to drive it over to CCC, which was 2 miles away, and sure enough it over heated. CCC closes at 1pm on Saturdays and this was like 4pm. I looked over and saw there garage door was open and walked over, the guy told me to bring car in and he would replace it for me. he pressure tested it and said my water pump was leaking at high pressure but normal driving pressure its fine. once he was done I drove from santee to point loma with no issues. any suggestions on whether I should just replace water pump or will it last a little while longer? oh and the guy did it for no charge. so that was cool.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
If its leaking, I would replace it. Why wait until it goes completely. Usually will happen at the worst time, Murphy's Law. If you are going to have a shop do it, I highly recommend you not go to CCC. Too many people in the club has had bad experiences with them and the work on their car was not done properly and had many problems afterward. Just want to give you a heads up. But that was nice of them to help you.