• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

changes

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
DSCN0104.JPG DSCN0103.JPGView attachment 1017 DSCN0101.JPGDSCN0106.JPG DSCN0102.JPG DSCN0102.JPG

new wing s281, bumper inserts, new coils, taylor plug wires, intake manifold spacer, steeda SFI underdrive pullies on the way (backorder blah) also installed a ram air kit in the front air dam in the space next to the passenger side fog light.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Very nice additions made to the car. You will enjoy the improved performance and it's looking great!!!

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
thanks guys I am pretty happy with the results. Now time to find a place to install my 3.73's ....
Oh the wing kaenen looked around best fit from all the reviews I could find and fully functional not bad for 269.99 american muscle has it.

Renegade

If your up here in the Central Valley then check out All Out Performance in Fresno for your gear install, thats out shop of choice. PM Foxman, he works there.

txmach302

man that is what i'm going to be lookin for down the road when i move to texas, love the rims and spoiler alot.

should throw a nice looking cold air intake on there, they don't cost much and will look alot better

again nice stang really love the rims and spoiler shit looks sick

ASh

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I thought 99 was the first year of PI, learn something new every day!

txmach302

i'm the same way always learn something new everyday and most of the time its a few diff things, lol

ASh

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
99 was the first year for PI but i swapped heads and intake to the PI heads and intake compression shot up to around 10:1 but scince those pics ive installed a bigger aluminum radiator and a cut my factory wiring harness for my fans and slapped two piushers in front that run on my low speed setting and the factory shroud mounted behind on my high speed setting tempt never top 200deg under hard driving normal driving runs between 190 and 196 deg. I actually had a cai installed but i pulled it out and installed a ram air kit on it. its in the air dam next to my passenger side fog light hooks into the factory air box, the ram air is actually alot better than a cai im pretty happy with it.

crossbreedgt

I may be mistaken so please don't take this wrong..
You took your CAI out for a ram air.. And you say your ram air connects the factory box thru that hole in the fenderwell/bumper.. And down to that airdam by the foglights?
In my opinion.. If your CAI was a short ran style, it had a filter that was still in your engine bay. If it was a true CAI, it extended thru the hole in your fenderwell and your filter sits in there to catch maximum cold air.
Your ram air sucks up air into the factory box? Doesn't ram air only make a difference if you are going more than 80mph?
I'm not bashing you btw.. I've thought about ram air.. I just think you sticking with a true cold air would benefit you more :)

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
yeah it has a much bigger affect from 65 and up. but a cai even the best ones only give you a whopping 5-10hp and a slight torque improvement id rather have the hp gain with ram air induction at speeds where you actually need it. Its ok we all have opinions and I dont take any offence to your thoughts, its cool if I didnt want to hear peoples opinions I wouldnt of posted it. thanks for your thoughts but I had a cold air and with the fact that ive got gears as soon as I get off my rear and get them installed that will more than make up for the low end affect of a cai. I dont know ive had both and I actually really like the ram air.