• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

DYNOSHOOTOUT 2011

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
OMG's what a turnout.. Thanks to everyone who showed.. It was a great event and day...​
Special Thanks to JR Competition for giving us a tour of there shop..
DSC_0116.jpg
DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 953

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
SPECIAL THANKS FOR GREG AND WES FROM RPMM FOR DYNOING SO MANY CARS..
DSC_0246.jpg

AND THE WINNERS OF THE DYNO SHOOTOUT GO TO:
DSC_0720.jpg

POWER ADDER
1. Seth 594 rwhp / 618rwtq SocalMuscle.net Corvette
2. Jeremy 524 rwhp / 514 rwtq Wicked Stangs Central Valley 10 SHELBY GT500
3. Vincent 447rwhp / ??? rwtq Wicked Stangs San Diego 04 Cobra Mystic

N/A
1. Grant 394rwhp / 361 rwtq SocalStangs.com Pontiac GTO 5.7L
2. Leopoldo 372rwhp / 354 rwtq RebelStangsClub.com 2011 5.0
3. Dennis 368 rwhp / 330 rwtq Wicked Stangs Victorville 2011 5.0

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I about 2 videos where it shows your dyno numbers, if you do not wish those on here, I will delete them from my youtube acount, they are: Daryl and his DSG cobra, and the Blue 1995 Steeda Mustang. And I do appologize, I messed up the video of the Corvette, if anybody has a video, can they please post it.

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
Hey emilio one things wrong with those numbers. My Grabber put down 368rwhp 422rwtq
whoever wrote that put down 368/330

It was great seeing everyone again and am extremely happy with my torque numbers being so much higher than tyhe other 5.0's that came out

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Since Emilio has a memory like a teenage girl...here is a little refresher:

Attachments

• Dyno Sheet 394.5.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 165

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
damn nice numbers guys. These new 5.0's are amazing. If i didnt have so much i my car I get one but rest assured something happends to mine a 5.0 is going into the engine bay. I am happy though right under 380N/A I have a lot of mods vs there stock but... who wants to race lol!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Since Emilio has a memory like a teenage girl...here is a little refresher:

Here is some interesting Reading Todd...

Hi Everyone,
I'm a curious person (just like the most of you), but I found it increasingly difficult to understand who's products makes how much power. But from all the posts and dyno plots, it seems that everyone had slightly different scenarios (so no apples-to-apples comparison). So I'd figure I'd try and help out our community by ponying up the $$$ and getting some real-world answers.

So what was the plan for the today? Let's take the exact same car and go to two different dynos to see the differences (keeping as many variables the same).

Who are the gineau pigs? ATP (Fremont, CA) using their in-ground Dynojet and Vishnu Performance Systems (Pleasanton, CA) using their DynoDynamics. They are approximately 20 miles from each other (25 minutes). And finally my car ... 2002 WRX (silver - its the fastest color) with 25,910 miles on it ... the mods are a full Vishnu Stage 2.

What was the test setup? Of course with my luck, the fan ATP used to cool the TMIC broke. Oh well, to be consistent NO fan was used to cool the TMIC at Vishnu's either. I've also seen some posts about the fans used to cool the radiators ... let me tell you that the one at Vishnu's was massively stronger that the one at ATP (so we pulled it a lot farther away that the one used at ATP). I don't think this makes too much of a difference, since the engine coolant temps stayed the same. For those anal people ... ATP was 60deg.F and Vishnu was 61deg.F and I don't think there is more than a 100' of elevation change. I did forget to measure the temperature of the intercoolers (but oh well). The car were driven to their each location, sat around for 20 minutes, driven onto the dyno, sat around for another 10 minutes and then first two runs were pulled and printed. That's all folks ... we don't want to make this more complicated that it needs to be.

The Results:
ATP (Dynojet) - 275.8whp and 232.2 torque
Vishnu (DynoDynamics) - 224.7whp and 192.2 torque

So depending on how you look at it ... Dynojet runs 22.74% higher than a DynoDynamic or DynoDynamic runs 18.53% lower than a Dynojet (with regards to whp).

Redline Motorsport
We have dynoed hundreds of stock late model cars in which we have determined that the DynoDynamics dyno reads 10-12 % lower then a DynoJet. We locked our dyno a year and a half ago at 10% and never looked back. I just dynoed another stock 06' ZO6 which made 458 RWHP and 432 RWFT. That is on the money.

A DynoDynamics dyno has a simple key to push, X, and you can add a % to the numbers. Some people call it a correction factor, some call it a multiplier. It needs to be asked if the operator is putting a multiplier on the readings, depending on the shop some do and some don't.

gmantheman

I don't think RPMM's dyno read low at all. Last month at GTR (which uses a dyno jet) in the same weather but at an elevation of 1200' or so my car put down 384/351. At RPMM I put down 394/361. Not really that much of a difference considering the elevation difference. The only thing different I did to my car this time was change the spark plugs.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think RPMM's dyno read low at all. Last month at GTR (which uses a dyno jet) in the same weather but at an elevation of 1200' or so my car put down 384/351. At RPMM I put down 394/361. Not really that much of a difference considering the elevation difference. The only thing different I did to my car this time was change the spark plugs.
can you post up both dyno sheets please.. Thanks interesting..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Nice long quote, but the facts are simple. Dynojet gives you a "false high" on the numbers. If you take the stock 2011/2012 5.0 Mustangs, they were right on the money for RWHP. That is the true test: Numbers on bare bones stock cars.

Besides, Dyno numbers are like dick size: Everyone claims to have more and does it even matter? Performance is what matters!!!! Get your lame ass off the couch, out of the Dyno Shop and out to the track.

2K7GTCS

Congrats to the winners. I wish I could have been there. It looks like you guys (and gals) had a ton of fun!

My car performed as I would have expected, except for the weird low torque number. 265ft/lb is stupid low. I can only guess the car was not in 4th gear with the converter locked? The auto's typically dyno @ about 245rwhp stock, so 280rwhp with just a CAI + Bama email 93 race tune is decent. I run the 93 tune full time, now that I know the Lucas Oil octane booster really works! This was a baseline before adding the UDP, CMDP and drive shaft. I'm hoping for a couple tenths in the 8th. Running 8.5's without changing cams would be sweet.

Thanks for all the pix and vids, and thanks again to Warrior F150 for bringing my car to the event.

Wicked_SVT

I wish I could have made this event, it looked like a great time. Nice numbers put down by everyone. Just to give everyone a comparison I have attached my dyno sheets from when my car was at RPMM about a month ago. I have been told by Gregg that thier dyno will read lower than a dynojet. I used thier dyno more for a baseline and to verify gains when my pulley swap was done on the same day. My stock and after pulley install is attached. I will also post the link to my dyno pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-C2XUnZWhY

Attachments

• Stock HP.jpg
    Stock HP.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 146
  • Pully HP.jpg
    Pully HP.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 142