• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust Setup?

Sean Beck

With me having my question earlier about the X or H pipe....I guess I should've followed it with what's the best combo? I have the Roush Supercharger setup on my 2008 Bullitt so I'm assuming its safe to say I should go with a 3" Inlet and 3" Outlet on the muffler?? I really like the Flowmaster 40/44 Series....I guess what I'm shooting for is that Cobra Sound but still serving its function ability (HP/TQ Gains)!! Your guys input on the Mid Pipes was great and am looking for the same with this...Thanks 2 all!!

Sean

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
3" would be good. IMO with the setup anything between 2.5" and 3" is sufficient. I wouldn't go anything above 3". It would be a waste and might actually loose some HPs.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Great answer Danny. Truth of the matter is that moving up to a 3" exhaust is not going to benefit you car. Removing the cats, installing an offroad pipe and getting a custom tune for your setup will maximize your performance.

Sean Beck

Makes sense! Trying to find a place down here in the Pensacola Area but can't seem to find anyone with a dyno :( As far as the mufflers which ones are considerred the best....I really like the Flowmaster 40/44 Series...just want to be sure I get the one thats going to be most benifical/sound good at the same time.

northerncountry

I am running a whipple with BBK shorty headers Stock mid ( for now) and Spintech axlebacks and I think it sounds really good not too overpowering but not whimpy either. Anywho X2 or 3 on SUBZ AND CWO!

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Hey man go with the original 40 series in my opinion they are superior, however I'm biased since I've had only one type ofnmuffler ever and they aremthem...over 9 years and still sound amazing. Ohh and in regards to the place to insatll them with a bad ass dyno check out triple X motorsports right there in Pensacola. Ask for Brad. His whipple f-150 is almost as fast asmhe 04 cobra with the whipple and his shop is top notch in my opinion.

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
ive had both 40 and 44 series and theyre both nice the major difference between them is sound personally i perfer the super 44s because they have a nice sound at idle and when u get on it they get pretty loud but not ridiculous and definitely stick with a 2.5in pipe cuz anything bigger u will lose torque due to reduced backpressure the main thing especially in florida is get rid of ur cats cuz they might start to melt due to ur forced induction its not unheard of plus having no cats will give u a deeper tone too

fangs99

I'm a fan of Magnaflow... Or Bassani. But do some research on YouTube on diffrent exaust setups.

Now for my advice on pipe size..... Bigger is not always better.... Remember it's only 281 cubic inchs... You will have better TQ with 2 1/2 pipe over 3 inch.

Sean Beck

I have the Magnaflows now and they sound good....but after long periods of driving they tend to sound weaker to me.....as I said Ive always been a fan of the Cobra exhaust sound....VERY distinct and aggressive :)

northerncountry

I used to run the SLP Loudmouth 2's before the blower and man they were pretty mean sounding. I would set off cars in the garage next to me just starting my car ha ha once it got boosted I was setting off the alarms at SCCA events so I figured I better back it off alittle or... enter the Spintech's

SnakeBit

I used to run the SLP Loudmouth 2's before the blower and man they were pretty mean sounding. I would set off cars in the garage next to me just starting my car ha ha once it got boosted I was setting off the alarms at SCCA events so I figured I better back it off alittle or... enter the Spintech's
yeah i have the slp loudmouths and am very happy with the sound not obnoxious but it turns heads when i put my foot in it

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Listen to the owners in this thread, keep your exhaust at 2.5"...Horsepower is much easier to find than torque.

As for tuning, you have one of the best tuners in the country; much better than the group here in California. Make the drive to an area between Orlando and Daytona and find VMP Tuning, one of the best in the country. Actually, I would say the very best...but that would be my opinion.

fangs99

There are tons of great tuners in FL
Panhandle Performance in panama city, HP tuners in Jax, VMP in deltona, Lematta Performance in Orlando, BBR in Boca Raton, Kedsey performance just south of Tampa. And XXX Motorsports in P-cola.