• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Faulty Alarm System Help...

Royn17

So I got off work one morning (graveyards) and long story short ended up hitting a curb in my 06 GT. It broke my control arm and cracked the fender. I took it to a local body shop where they replaced the control arm, fender, rim and tire. When I picked the car up something's not right and the shop looked at it and said the computer is reading that everything is normal. When I double click the lock button on my remote it's supposed to honk once while flashing the lights. Now it's acting as if there is a door, trunk, or hood open. Everytime I lock it, it does the double honk, but everything is closed. When driving the car there is no messase on the IP about a door open. The shop said it could be in the remote, which I have a spare and it does the same. Does anyone know what the problem could be? It's hard for me to keep taking it to the shop when working graveyards, but whenever I get time I'll take it to a dealer.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I believe there is a contact point for the alarm for the doors and trunks. They are separate from the cars computer for the doors contact to tell the computer whether its opened and closed. If you have your fender replaced, those contact point could be off and this could cause the alarm contact to be misaligned, therefore, the alarm brain is registering that its not shut. Thats just my .02.