• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Feb 12, 2012] Nuts 4 Cars Muscle Car Mania (La Jolla, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yep, Sunday. 6:15 at the Starbucks on Camino de la Reina. We are leaving no later then 6:30, maybe earlier if all who RSVP as "yes" shows up before. As we have to be there before 7:30am.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
What a beautiful day!!!! Started out real wet, but the sky cleared and turned into a beautiful day in La Jolla. What a way to spend a Sunday. Beautiful cars with great people. We had 7 cars from Wickedstangs represented. Thank you everyone. Thank you to Dave (2k7gtcs) and Jeff (WarriorF150) for coming out to support us. We had badbullit, blue boss, screamingyellow, Red, 1fast5.0, myself, and new member Paul (1fastgt500). And guess who took home an award....Yep....Red! He took home an award for one of the judges pick. He and Dave took some pictures, hopefully they will post them up later.
After the show, we took a cruise down La Jolla Scenic Dr to Mission Beach. Hung out for a little bit and took a few more pictures. Thanks Dave. Great Sunday. Thank you everybody for a great day.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
It was a great show and a great venue. Not too big but a nice selection of cars. It was nice seeing you all out there and nice to meet our new member, Paul. We should do this show again.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Got this email today from Howard Singer, organizer for this event. I guess he needs the email address of a few people who registered the day of. Here's the email (a nice one, too). You can respond to the email address he provided if you are one of the 3 people.

Hello Ken, Tim, Danny, J. P., Shawn, Paul and Steve.
To protect your privacy, I have entered all of your email addresses in the "Bcc:" field.
It has been nearly two days since our Nuts4Cars MUSCLE CAR MANIA car show on Sunday, February 12. Despite early morning rain,
only four people who were pre-registered did not attend our first Nuts4Cars 2012 car show. Words cannot express my personal gratitude
for your display of "The Magnificent Seven" Wicked 'Stangs at Nuts4Cars MUSCLE CAR MANIA.
As you know, we had many people entering cars as "same day registrations" at the bottom of the stairs during the rain prior to 7:00 a.m. For that reason, in the process of lettering windshield placards at the bottom of the stairs, I forgot to ask the following Wicked 'Stang club members to fill in the bottom of the MUSCLE CAR MANIA entry forms. Consequently, I do not have the:
Names, Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses
of the following Wicked 'Stang club members:
Shawn "Red" Runnells - 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Paul______________ - 2012 Ford Mustang GT 500 Grabber Blue
Steve_____________ -2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Please be so kind to forward this email to Shawn Runnells and Paul and Steve and ask them to confirm receipt of this email.
I would like to congratulate Shawn "Red" Runnells for his well deserved "Top 3 Winner" with his sensational 2007 Mustang GT/CS.
Also, congratulations to Ken Bartel for being selected as the winner of our 50-50 Cash Raffle. Taking home that much money must be a wonderful feeling.
We are hoping that the entire Wicked 'Stang Club will enter our Nuts4Cars FORD FAMILY DAY car show Sunday, July 22. Please visit our website: www.nuts4cars.org soon. You may download any of our entry forms to now enter any future Nuts4Cars car shows.
Please remember that a substantial portion of entry fees at Nuts4Cars car shows go toward a local organization, the San Diego Police Widows and Orphans Fund, which Nuts4Cars feels very strongly about.
Hope all of you really enjoyed your day in La Jolla at Nuts4Cars MUSCLE CAR MANIA. We are looking forward to seeing you at our Nuts4Cars FORD FAMILY DAY on Sunday, July 22. Please mark your calendars and save the date of Sunday, July 22.
Please be so kind to forward this email to all Wicked 'Stang club members. Many thanks for everything.
Sincerely,
Howard
HOWARD G. SINGER
www.nuts4cars.org
nuts4carsinfo@roadrunner.com
Telephone Direct: 619-980-4586

Red

I E-mailed Howard and he E-mailed me back this.

Mr. Shawn "Red" Runnells
Hello, Shawn.
Many thanks for your rapid response, and your kind and sincere offer to provide your cell phone and email address.
Congratulations on your award as a "Top 3 Winner." That does not mean you finished in third place. Your 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS tied with two other cars as the finest three cars at our Nuts4Cars MUSCLE CAR MANIA.
We never award a "third place" or "second place" or "first place" award. The competition at our Nuts4Cars MUSCLE CAR MANIA was both
fierce and "wicked."
That is a great thing. The "Top 3 Winner" awards were judged the best three cars of the nearly 80 cars registered, with the exception of the car which was awarded Best of Show. Those two judges did not know any of the owners of the cars registered.
Please go to our website: www.nuts4cars.org
I would like to speak with you about several of our future car shows, especially our Nuts4Cars FORD FAMILY DAY on Sunday, July 22.
Please suggest the best time that I may reach you tomorrow, Wednesday, February 15th on your cell phone.
Many thanks for everything.
All the very best,
Howard

I just talked to Howard on the phone tonight. He really wants up to do his next Ford car show on July 22. So what do you guys think?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm up for the show on July 22nd but I'll be on a Mediterranean cruise during that time. But highly recommend the club going. It was a good time.