• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Girdle and Moroso 7qt oil pan installed **Updated with AFR heads***

Tommy

A few days ago while swapping my oil pan, I noticed that I had excessive end play on the crankshaft. I bought a dial indicator a sure enough, it was at .024 and the max tolerance should be around .012.

I ordered new bearings, installed them and checked my new end play after installing a new Moroso girdle, and setting the proper torque on main caps.

New and old thrust bearings

DSC06040.jpg

New bearing set in

DSC06048.jpg

Set dial indicator to zero

DSC06050.jpg

New end play :)

DSC06053.jpg

Moroso girdle :rock:

DSC06067.jpg

Had to shave off some areas on the oil pump to clear the girdle and ARP main cap bolt

DSC06065.jpg

DSC06063.jpg

New pan.

DSC06069.jpg

Oestang-2008

engine

Motor looks good... Is that a high volume H2O pump or just a polished stock one? Are you going electric? This makes me want to build a track car again..

Nice build

Tommy

Motor looks good... Is that a high volume H2O pump or just a polished stock one? Are you going electric? This makes me want to build a track car again..

Nice build

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it's a high volume pump. I had overheating issues, but I was still running a clutch fan. I dumped it, went electric and at the same time changed out the stock pump for this one.

It's a Stewart high volume. Stays nice and cool now :D

Tommy

ok, I couldn't sleep again only because I just had to see at least the heads on before I went to sleep.

I cleaned the tops of the pistons as well as the deck surface, threaded the ARP studs (with ARP thread sealer), set the heads and torqued to specs

DSC06084.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Heads are in and properly torqued. Intake is mocked up until I get the correct length pushrods.

DSC06092.jpg

Ya' like the the "backdrop"??? :rofl:

DSC06089.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Ya' like the the "backdrop"??? :rofl:

DSC06089.jpg

3 things...

1. I thought this was an orange post until I looked closer :rofl: (you two are looking and sounding alike:))

2. Where is the owner to the two cars above?

3. And what are those .. dots on the end of all your post about? Is that a subliminal messages to someone??? :lol:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Damn man, you should see someone about that sleeping problem! :lol: Sounds like somebody is a little jeleous? I'm still waiting for wheel pics, but as usual :lie: :rofl:

It's going to be badass when it's dialed in and tuned.

Tommy

3 things...

1. I thought this was an orange post until I looked closer :rofl: (you two are looking and sounding alike:))

2. Where is the owner to the two cars above?

3. And what are those .. dots on the end of all your post about? Is that a subliminal messages to someone??? :lol:

That's my old '66 Fastback I sold to my friend/boss. I still get to drive it anytime so I don't miss it as much.

As for the dots, it's a spacer between the last pic or sentence because I think it's too close to the signature. I had it in there before, in the signature itself, but when you changed my sig to the current one you f'd it up for me

Ford1288

Donator
Just read an article in muscle mustang and fast fords where they installed an oil pan and girdle. Did a 347 with stock oil pan and oiling system, then with the new one. Showed an increase of 13hp, just with changing the oil pan! And of course how much it will be better for the engine in every aspect. Love how the oil pan looks and of course AFRs are sexy.

infidel

What's keeping you up at night tom?
scarfaceclip.gif

LOL, Looking great Tom. I hope to have a vast knowledge such as your one day on fords.