• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Here are some Chaz Spaulding Pics

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
wow, Chaz, I need to come by and check out this ride of yours... Looks really nice looking can't wait for more pics.. Also, send me what you have...

P1000379.jpegP1000398.jpegP1000984.jpeg

Chaz Spaulding

Chazstang
Thank you folks. As some of you are painfully aware, I'm having a helluva time trying to get myself up to snuff on the whole picture posting thing on this site. I apologize to those who have been irritated by my ignorance.

The wheels are "real" Cobra Rs that are the M-179 type that is no longer made by Ford, They have a 6.42" backspacing and were intended to only be mounted on the back of a Fox with the 5.95" versions on the front (M-058). A couple of gentlemen that had these at the time had put the 179s on both back and front so I followed their example. You don't want to do this unless you have aftermarket front control arms. They rub just enough to irritate you but still be usable. I ran them from 1997 to the time I turned the car over to my tormentor in 2003. I had them sandblasted and powder coated by San Diego Powder Coating in Santee (at least I think that's who they are) a long time ago. I got those Michelin Pilots back then too (Jan 2006). This was because my "mechanic" swore that he was going to be finished soon. The whole project has been inside, away from the sun since the beginning, so the tires are in great shape but are nearing the end of their life. I don't think I will be able to get this project completed before the tires will be beyond the point where they are consider unsafe because of age. I would like to sell them soon. These things cost me $1000 back then. I'll settle for $600 now. Of course they have zero wear on them. I would consider selling the wheels too. If one likes the Shelby Razor style, I have some brand new ones in 17x9 with a 6" backspace.

Chaz Spaulding

Chazstang
Yes I do. They are the four Ford Motorsport Cobra R caps, in very good condition. As I said, they are not fake Cobra Rs. No disrespect meant to anyone who has fakes, as I have a set of fakes on my Explorer and regret buying them (SVE from Late Model Resto., they're OK, but as pretty as the true Ford pieces).

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Nice 5.0 and Fox. I like your collections.

No worries Chaz, nobody is irrated with you. Sometimes it takes a little while to post pictures when not used to it. It took me a little bit to learn how and I'm a moderator. :) But if you are still having trouble posting email them to one of us and we'll get it posted for you.