• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

julian car cruise october 27th 2012

kevinGT07

hey i was just posing to see if anyone would be interested in going on a cruise up to julian pie co. and then up to miners diner to get some brunch. i don't have a route but if anyone knows of a good one please post it. i also don't have a roll out spot or time but it will be according to if anyone would like to come out and all of that good stuff you can call or text me at 858 366 2897 if you have any questions or ideas

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
hey i was just posing to see if anyone would be interested in going on a cruise up to julian pie co. and then up to miners diner to get some brunch. i don't have a route but if anyone knows of a good one please post it. i also don't have a roll out spot or time but it will be according to if anyone would like to come out and all of that good stuff you can call or text me at 858 366 2897 if you have any questions or ideas
Get with Dave (2k7gtcs). He may be able to assist you in the planning.

2K7GTCS

I came up with this: MAPLINK

I call it the "Beach to Boonies" route. Start at Solana Beach, and follows mostly two-lane country roads all of the way to Julian.
Do you mean you want to stop @ the Julian Pie Company in Santa Ysabel, then go to Minor's Diner in downtown Julian? It's going to be crazy up there at the end of this month due to the annual the apple festival. Although we might be able to park at the Julian High School, then walk back into town?

Figure we would want to be in Santa Ysabel by 0930 , so wherever we meetup (how far from there) will determine the roll out time to get there. For example, "Beach to Boonies" will take about 2 hours to get to Julian High School, so we would leave Solana Beach by 0800.

Let me know what you think of the route, and if I have the right stops. There are lots of options for routes, but this is a new one I thought might be cool to try!

Dave

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Some apple pie sounds good! Wished I was still in the SD area.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Dave, sounds like an awesome plan. I'm up for some beach, back roads, apple pie and sunshine....lets roll!!!

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
Make sure you wave as you drive by my house on old Julian hwy. (3rd street).

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Red

Sucks cause I'll be out of town that weekend seeing my Dad. Have fun guys.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
Ditto on the suckage. I can't get out of work that day:( I hope you guys have a great time, sounds like an epic cruise.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
I might be in the field, can't remember. But if i'm not I'm in. Gotta let the pony gallop!

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
Dude, get your A$$ up and get that car of your fix. :BigGrin: And come out with us to Julian. You can join in as we roll past you.
My car only go's straight. I'd probley drive off the mountain trying to keep up. :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

2K7GTCS

I spoke with Kevin, and he is cool with the route and time. This has been added to the event calendar; just waiting for approval.

kevinGT07

thanks for setting this up you guys. im very excited for this beach to boonies and birthday pie cruise.