• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Mar 7, 2015] Mustangs vs the World VIII (Lakeside, CA)

Reaper52

Officially decided that Im going to pop my drag racing cherry at this event. lll be racing the '13 and trying not to make an a$$ of myself. Might need a few pointers from the more expereinced guys! Specifically on doing a burnout considering Ive never done one with a manual car before.

Last edited:

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Officially decided that Im going to pop my drag racing cherry at this event. lll be racing the '13 and trying not to make an a$$ of myself. Might need a few pointers from the more expereinced guys! Specifically on doing a burnout considering Ive never done one with a manual car before.

Sweet!!! Plenty of good people to learn from.

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
Reaper: Not to worry about making an A$$ of yourself. In the grand scheme of things, investing thousands in a vehicle just to fire it down a 220-yard range, time after time, is pretty much in that class for everyone. There must be something addictive there or so many wouldn't keep at it, eh? Beware!

Y'all: If my voracious sleeping rack will relinquish its grip on me in the morning. I'll show up sometime. Big IF.

Double D

Get ready to enjoy the sweet scent of burning rubber. The 8th installment of Mustangs vs the World is on the Barona schedule. This is WICKED STANGS biggest event of the year! Your attendance, either as a racer or volunteer, would be greatly appreciated.
Barona Fees: $40 racers/$10 spectators
Event Fee: $10 (open comp or street challenge)

2015flyer-jpg.238

We will be holding a BBQ this year for our volunteers and club members. Please post up what you'd like to bring. This list will be updated...
1. BBQ Pulled Pork - wickedstangs
2. Buns - Mustangcwo
3. Condiments -
4. Chips -
MUSTANGO2GT
5. Water - Red
6. Soda - ST3RL1NGY3LLOW
7. Cooler(s) with Ice -
ST3RL1NGY3LLOW
8. Utensils/plates/napkins - Reaper52
9. Table(s) -sdsubzero4, Mustangcwo

Meeting Location: Denny's
Address: 665 N. Mollison Avenue, El Cajon 92021
Time: 6am and Depart: 7am
When: Saturday 3/7

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
I enjoyed the day, today. Good event. Pretty much wore me out, though.

Sorry to say my trusty Canon 5D has eaten its second CF card. No photos from this event, and the camera reports, "not formatted", which means "no hope" in CF-card language. Sorry. (The first one it ate was the final Cars and Coffee at Irvine. Bummers, a pair.)

Perhaps the Barona Official Photographer caught some good shots. Here's hoping.

alan dotson

I had a great day. The great looking mustangs in this club give me alot of drive to fix up my own mustang, to maybe just maybe get on the track on day myself. First time seeing a drag race and being involved in (legally) and being in the passenger seat, was a great exp

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I had a great day. The great looking mustangs in this club give me alot of drive to fix up my own mustang, to maybe just maybe get on the track on day myself. First time seeing a drag race and being involved in (legally) and being in the passenger seat, was a great exp

Glad you had a great time with your first track experience.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I enjoyed the day, today. Good event. Pretty much wore me out, though.

Sorry to say my trusty Canon 5D has eaten its second CF card. No photos from this event, and the camera reports, "not formatted", which means "no hope" in CF-card language. Sorry. (The first one it ate was the final Cars and Coffee at Irvine. Bummers, a pair.)

Perhaps the Barona Official Photographer caught some good shots. Here's hoping.

LOL, Frank, you looked pretty worn out yesterday. Glad you had a good time though.