• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Days @ Chuckwalla 18-19 February

Ebucky

I'm driving up and checking out the action on the 18th and run on the 19th. Looking forward to my first track day!mustang-days1.jpg

That $300 per day must be with with their car. Cannot be $300 a day with your own! That's $600 for the weekend using your own car to run alongside their mustangs!!! Great track but not right now for $300. Does this include a RV trailer?

That $300 per day must be with with their car. Cannot be $300 a day with your own! That's $600 for the weekend using your own car to run alongside their mustangs!!! Great track but not right now for $300. Does this include a RV trailer?
Hey is one tank of fuel included in this?.....lol.

Ebucky

If you're trying to make me feel stupid about this, it's working. Thanks for that.

Ebucky

Probably next time. I did register with Speed Ventures last night to be ready for a Willow outing in the future. After V.I.'s comment I checked out the pricing at Willow and see why he's scratching his head about anyone spending so much to run Chuckwalla. I'll just focus on a good time while there and chalk this up to a rookie mistake.

Apologize bro wasn't trying to cause any harm I was just taken aback by the pricing as we have ran that track before and I don't remember it being that expensive. I ran it on two separate occasions. it was more expensive the second time around though I remember that. So following that trend this is about right by now. the last time I was at that track was in 2011. I believe I paid $150 per day plus rented an RV camper on site for the weekend. That's all.

Ebucky

No prob. Like I said, I'm a rookie about track time and probably picked the wrong venue for my first time out. Ya'll have fun at Willow and I'll hit you guys up for advice when I get there.

That track is fairly safe, and the run offs are obstruction free so no worries there. I would run less than 8 laps at a time and let the tires cool between. Also depends on the tires you are running. I ran pirrelli street tires. so after about ten laps they were melted and started to lose traction rolling rubber off the tires in the corners.

Ebucky

Cool. I'm on the stock Goodyear F1's and didn't want to replace them after only 2 months. Thanks for the advice.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
Wish we had a decent track round here! West TX has a couple Drag strips and a dirt track and that's it! Goodyear won't open their track and the new F1 track in Austin charges a crapload just to be driven round a couple times. In short, I'm jealous! Y'all be safe and have fun.

Ebucky

Had a ton of fun on the track. There were only 6 other cars there and I had a lot of time on the track by myself to sort things out for my first time.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to put on my Wicked Stangs banner before showing up there. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0262.JPG
    DSC_0262.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0275.JPG
    DSC_0275.JPG
    723.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0291.JPG
    DSC_0291.JPG
    727.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0321.JPG
    DSC_0321.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 97

Ebucky

And the video:

Bad placement of the camera. Got too much of the rearview mirror in the picture and can't see the track as well. Will definitely do better next time.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Wish we had a decent track round here! West TX has a couple Drag strips and a dirt track and that's it! Goodyear won't open their track and the new F1 track in Austin charges a crapload just to be driven round a couple times. In short, I'm jealous! Y'all be safe and have fun.

Awe dont be a wuss get that shelby out on the dirt track... J/k