• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 06 GT is getting painted! (PICS)

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Here is a list of all the parts that I have ready and waiting for the GT to get back from the shop:

The 10 rib belt drive from Steeda

555-3350.jpg

An aluminum intercooler reservior from Lethal Performance. Holds more than twice the fluid capacity

lp-0507whippletank.jpg

A Toshiba Thrive tablet. Will be installed in the dash similiar to the below pic

apple-ipad-install-in-mustang-gt_100314648_m.jpg

Smoked 2010 style taillights with sequential harnesses

49117.jpg

11044.jpg

Smoked rear side marker lenses

rearmarkers.jpg

Black turn signal markers for the front bumper

49055.jpg

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Soooo close..... Hood is getting painted right now! Probably get stripes llaid out tomorrow i hope. Wont be long now... Heres the hood in primer and with the first coat of base color.

hood4.jpg

hood2.jpg

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Im pretty amped about adding these to the parts list:

trs-blkcloth.jpg

I got a driver and passenger seat. Also I am 99.9% sure im going to fabricate my own rear seat delete for it.

In other news, the body shop is dragging thier feet on my car a little.... prob wont get it til next week now....

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Joe,
I wanted to ask you about your blower. Did you get the 550 whipple kit? I plan on getting a blower really really soon but waiting for the forge internals to do it all at once and port heads. I was just worried with Cams, and ported heads would push the block to far with the 550 kit. I rather moved forward one step at a time then up forward just to go back and have to start over with block. Is there anything you would do diffrent? I want to spin the blower as much as I can get the most out of the car and tune. Can you send me a pm about the questions I have... you car looks great man!
Phill

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Seats look great JOE! I got all the smoked lenses on mine too they make a big diffrence you will love them. Have you seen the new headlight buckets they have on American muscle? They are my X-mas gift to myself when I get back off cruise in a couple weeks. Car is going to look great when done. Cant wait to see it

http://www.americanmuscle.com/painted-headlights-0509.html

Yeah those headlights are nice I'd probably get them if I didn't already have gt500 ones. They are kinda like the Foose Mustang lights

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
So... the body shop is not completely done with my hood yet and they still need to do the final polish on the new paint but I got some more good teaser pics for you guys.

My new WS Banner and view of roof stripe

roofws.jpg

Rear view with new smoked side markers and 2010 style smoked sequential taillights

rear.jpg

Another rear view

rear2.jpg

The hood with "GT" emblem offset on the front (my little throwback to the early Fox GTs) louvers will be installed next week.

hood.jpg

In the process of installing the Steeda Belt Drive

beltdriveinstall.jpg

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with it! The only thing that didn't turn out just the way I wanted is the fitment of the louvers... they shifted a lil while they were drying and are a hair off but the body shop is gonna take care of it soon so no worries!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2