• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Glamour Shots of Bret's Bullitt!

Bullett_Bret

Can you count the the mods & upgrades?

102164b6376bc14877.jpg

102164b637dd8e8f67.jpg

102164b637ddb3bc04.jpg

102164b637dd99a124.jpg

102164b637dd846279.jpg

102164b637dda6451e.jpg

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
looks great..... I counted 9 mods.

Headlights(HID)
Taillight tint(And third light)
Parking lights(Changed out)
Lowered(Looks lower than stock Bullitt)
Brakes(Rotors, cant tell the calipers)
Tire upgrade(More agressive)
Rear Blackout(Looks great)
SHR Louvers(best ones out there)
Billet Gas Lid

Gib

Bullett_Bret

looks great..... I counted 9 mods.

Headlights(HID)
Taillight tint(And third light)
Parking lights(Changed out)
Lowered(Looks lower than stock Bullitt)
Brakes(Rotors, cant tell the calipers)
Tire upgrade(More agressive)
Rear Blackout(Looks great)
SHR Louvers(best ones out there)
Billet Gas Lid

Gib

LOL! Not bad Gib! :congrats:

You got most everything but there are a few more.

Headlights(HID) - Stock.
Taillight tint(And third light) - yup & yup. (ALSO not that you could see them but I also have Sequential tail lights & the third brake light are LEDs)
Parking lights(Changed out) - yup
Lowered(Looks lower than stock Bullitt) -Ford Racing Springs (1" drop)
Brakes(Rotors, cant tell the calipers) Calipers stock - Bear rotors & EBC pads in front.
Tire upgrade(More agressive) Yup! 255's
Rear Blackout(Looks great) Yup! Window tint was one of the first things I did.
SHR Louvers(best ones out there) - Dang strait - lov'em!
Billet Gas Lid - Yup! Newest mod.

Good eye - but again there are a few more.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I didnt even catch the window tint....I was talking about the rear trunk blackout....

Darn I thought the headlights were changed....

Looking at it now, yeah I can tell the LEDS....

I missed the Bullitt Center caps before..

Bullett_Bret

I didnt even catch the window tint....I was talking about the rear trunk blackout....

Darn I thought the headlights were changed....

Looking at it now, yeah I can tell the LEDS....

I missed the Bullitt Center caps before..

Doh! Yeah - yes I did the rear decklid blackout myself.

And yes the Pony got replaced with the Bullitt "Target" center caps. A subtle upgrade that most wouldnt catch. Again good eye.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I am not sure if the Faux gas cap on the back comes like that stock or if you changed it out....

Bullett_Bret

Looks great Bret. How do the lowering springs and new rubber effect ride quality and handling?
Well as you probably know already thanks to the folks at Ford Racing the Bullitt handles much better than a “stock” Mustang GT to begin with. Additionally Bullitt's probably sits about a half inch (~4mm) lower than a Mustang GT.

So with FRPP (# M-5300-K) springs my Bullitt actually sits about another full inch lower. So my only real complaint is I have to be extra careful going over speed bumps.

Other than that the ride quality is actually about the same as before. In fact on the open highway I really can't tell the difference. On the streets it is a bit firm & tight - but not bone-jarringly so. Just feels much more planted.

However I did notice a significant improvement in a couple areas as far as ride quality goes. Wheel-hop under-load (take-off) seems drastically reduced on uneven or broken roads. Also nose dive (plowing) under heavy braking or on dips in the road is reduced too. So as a daily driver I atually like it better.

Handling IMHO is vastly improved with the FR Springs and the 255 tires. Coupled with the Bullitt’s already upgraded suspension I noticed a reduction in the amount of lean or sway and it feels much flatter (planted) in tight corners. Grip is much better too thanks to the wider tires. All that with the brake upgrades allows me to dive into a corner at a higher speed and a much more enjoyable driving experience.

Bullett_Bret

Nice mods..........NOW WASH IT!:laugh::laugh:
Yeah yeah yeah! I know - funny thing is I just washed it and the grim you see actually came about on the short trip home. City still hasn't seen fit to clean the roads yet after all the rain we had - so we've got lots of dirt & curd still on the roads.

Didn't even notice it until I looked at the picture.