• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New wheels and tires - Cobra R + 275/45r18 Conti DW's

2K7GTCS

I had these wheels installed today, and took a few quick shots down by the lake.

The wheels are 18x9 Cobra R style, and the tires are 275/45r18 Continental Extreme Contact DW.

They're bigger, but fit perfectly. Believe it or not, they weigh less than the stock 18's with the 255/45's I was running before.

I just need to get an adjustable panhard to re-center the axle to compensate for the lower suspension.

Some pic's:

CobraR_01.jpg

CobraR_02.jpg

CobraR_03.jpg

CobraR_04.jpg

CobraR_05.jpg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
They fit real nice on the car. Looks great. I love that look.

I see you still have the numbers and rubber on your car from yesterday as I do. LOL!

2K7GTCS

Thanks Everyone!

I've spent way too much time over the last three years trying to figure out what I wanted :)
I found these two great tools on-line that really helped me to decide on the best combo:

Mustang Gearing Calculations - This MS Excel workbook helps visualize changes to wheels, tires, and gears

Rim & Tires Comparison - A web-based graphical representation of exactly how tire size and rim offset affect fitment

I am quite pleased with the way they fit, and the style. I just hope the DW's work as well as the Bridgestone RE760's did on the street, road course, and drag strip.