• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Northerncountry accident update

northerncountry

Ok everyone, I got a phone call today telling me that there going to give me 19k and some change. I owed 14,500 so I will be getting some money back. I asked the usaa total claims officer what I can do about my perormance parts, I gave him the list of parts I have on the car. he got back to me an hour later saying your good to go the only thing you have to do put the car back to stock form. I want to thank Vince for the air box Kevin07 for the lower control arms the another stock intake plus the boot, his stock spoiler. So armed with my 2 tool boxes my floor jack and parts in the back of the rental. 2 1/2 hours later I have the lower control arms off, k&n cold air intake, powerslot rotors, my super chips tune pulled out, and my steeda spoiler, along with the rear blackout pannel and the rear window covers. I am hoping to get there early in the morning to take off the front brakes ( baer decelerators ) and my SLP loudmouth axleback. the only thing I need is stock 05 GT mufflers. and maybe the hood can be salvaged. but I need a stock hood to replace it. Whew so thats all for now.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I got stock mufflers...... make offer......

I cant help you with the hood as mine other one is at the painter and is in "Paint Jail".....LOL

yosemiddysam

Donator
Atleast you got some of your goodies back.....Will make bulding the next one a little easier. Maybe you should start off with a roll cage seeing as you like to see how they drive on thier roofs ...........

northerncountry

I know it thats cool. well here is alittle more I was able to get off of work right away this morning. Had the parts and the tools in the rental I swooped in and had my front brakes and my exhast axle back taken off and OEM reenstalled in 55 min's is that A record with a floor jack LOL. so all is off the car that i can get to with out a lift. RIP SONIC BLUE GT I think we would all agree that it was a bad ass car and it kept me safe. she will be missed.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Definately lucky the roof didnt fully colapse. I honestly was not that impressed with the way it caved in........ Good thing it wasnt a vert.

Red

Did say your going to try to salvage the hood. I thought it was trashed.....no?

northerncountry

well thanks for the bald jokes KEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!! Red I took alook at the hood it's got a 4 inch crack on the front of it on the top and it has DEEP road rash. I don't think its saveable.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I will be among the bald ranks soon enough....... Any Fiberglass hook can be repaired....Just might cost more than buying a new one...........