• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

RaceLegal - 1/8th Mile Street Legal DragRacing Nov 4th

RaceLegaldotcom

RaceLegal
If I can get at least ten racers registered with me from this forum (forum names and real names needed to be put on prereg) I would like to start a deal with WS for making an event say about every other race or so? I would like to do a $20 prerace ticket sale registration. This is just an idea that I am sure I can pretty much extend out to unlimited numbers if everyone here would be willing to preregister before the race so I can make sure you get the new discounted price at the gate :D Let me know what everyone here thinks as far as making this a possibility.

Ford1288

Donator
Hey Jonny, I think this would be a great idea. I think 10 cars would be a steep number though.

But I wanted to touch on a different subject with ya. What do you consider the reasoning why racelegal has declined in popularity over the last couple years? When it first started, you had to wait in line behind 70 0ther cars. Now it seems like we barely get 20 total out there. I would love to see a surge in participation again.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Is Lydia still there? Also why is it so hard to get in contact with anyone.. We have tried numurous times to set up a Wicked Stangs Event with you all and get no replies back...

RaceLegaldotcom

RaceLegal
Hey Jonny, I think this would be a great idea. I think 10 cars would be a steep number though.

But I wanted to touch on a different subject with ya. What do you consider the reasoning why racelegal has declined in popularity over the last couple years? When it first started, you had to wait in line behind 70 0ther cars. Now it seems like we barely get 20 total out there. I would love to see a surge in participation again.

Well I have found out that every race we have about a 25 percent increase of new racer. I know this because of all the new tech cards we fill out, its just some of the racers that have been with us for a while, also being it that winter is rolling around the corner. There will be a surge of people coming in for the event in the upcoming races as well as next spring/summer. I race my motorcycles there so I am getting all the back from the MCs out here in SD just need to plan bike nights there etc etc which is coming up pretty soon. also with track prep is one of my biggest focus points now as well, if the track isnt hooking people tend not to come back. Once I can get the track prepped right there should be more of the Barona cars coming every race :D

Is Lydia still there? Also why is it so hard to get in contact with anyone.. We have tried numurous times to set up a Wicked Stangs Event with you all and get no replies back...

Yes Lydia is still with us :D She is concentrating her efforts on a lot of things and I am here to work with her and make this easier for her. I will be your contact for any of your needs or questions. You can reach me here via private message.
FB via facebook.com/racelegal
or at my email soulless750@hotmail.com.

Ford1288

Donator
I don't want you to feel like we are grilling ya, we know you are just trying to make things happen. Those are just a couple questions we have been curious about for awhile. WS supports the cause and we are as much about go as we are show and would love to help boast the popularity of Friday nights at the Q again.

RaceLegaldotcom

RaceLegal
I don't want you to feel like we are grilling ya, we know you are just trying to make things happen. Those are just a couple questions we have been curious about for awhile. WS supports the cause and we are as much about go as we are show and would love to help boast the popularity of Friday nights at the Q again.

I do not feel or look it at it that way at all. I appreciate your support and seeing the stangs race there and watching on the sidelines. I am working at addressing as many concerns from racers and fans as possible to make the masses flood back and help get more racing off the streets at least on Friday nights. depending on how all this works out for he rest of this year and up to mid next years, we might start holding events on Saturday as well. Also we are working on rates to hold a rent-racelegal type of thing, we are in talks with the military for a military only day, of course this would not be held on our regular schedule but in addition to it. Those types of days would be held with the preregistration of course so we know how many cars/bikes we are expecting and setup accordingly. I value everyone's inquiries and input and I am here to help. :D

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
How do you want to do the re-registration? Do you want us to post up in this thread with our name and screen name here or will there a new thread with a link to your website?

And you are so right on with the track prep, if it gets done right, you will get a lot of cars back.

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
You gotta remember it is a parking lot though... They can only do so much. Put a ton of VHT down. Then hook and book it. lol

RaceLegaldotcom

RaceLegal
How do you want to do the re-registration? Do you want us to post up in this thread with our name and screen name here or will there a new thread with a link to your website?

And you are so right on with the track prep, if it gets done right, you will get a lot of cars back.

For the pre-registration it would be pretty easy as I have done this in the past. Whoever would go for sure this race can post up here for the race with their:
screen name
real name
make/model car they are racing

that way I can make sure to have this info at the gate so you can get your $10 off (pending we have more than 10 cars from WS)

Yes, traction is the key. I started racing my car at the "Q" back in July '10. But I have not run there since I started going to Barona, cut .3 off my runs, and all of it in the 60 ft!
Now that I have more mods, I am guessing I would see 8.5's at the "Q" (with the lower altitude) if I could get some traction there.

Build it Make it sticky, and they will come!

.3 off a 60ft!!! Nice improvement!! Good job
I plan on making it sticky as possible for this next race

You gotta remember it is a parking lot though... They can only do so much. Put a ton of VHT down. Then hook and book it. lol

Even though it is a parking lot the two areas where we prep are cemented and have been prepped before super nice in the past!! For this next race I plan on dragging the tire at least to half track.

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
Ya it has had good prep before.. Iv run there quite a few times and totally support you guys. I wasnt trying to be a dick or nothing. Hope it didnt come off that way.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: Of course, I just checked the forecast, and it's saying 30% chance of rain. puh.

Who did you hear it from?
images

images

images

images

Because I don't think anyone ever listens to what they are saying...:)

RaceLegaldotcom

RaceLegal
This event has been cancelled due to the rain, this is good and bad, gives more time for more people to preregister for the race on the 18th or get their rides ready for the race, buy tires etc etc. The next race will be on the 18th be sure to like the FB page @ facebook.com/racelegal for updates as well as I will continue to post on her and answer any questions :D